BeStreet DC, Real Estate Pro in Washington DC, DC

MLS to market rental property in Dupont/West End?

Asked by BeStreet DC, Washington DC, DC Wed Jul 10, 2013

i'm renting a higher end furnished condo in Dupont. Perfect for State Dept types, etc. It's on Craigslist and Zillow. Trying to get a sense of whether posting on the MLS will generate additional interest/leads or if all those people look at Craigslist anyhow.

Answers

6
Akil Walker, Agent, Upper Marlboro, MD
Sun Jul 14, 2013
Hi BeStreet,

Marketing your rental on MRIS will expose it Realtors and their clients. Also it will then generate to websites such as realtor.com and Trulia, Zillow, etc thus more exposure rental listing.

Hope this helps and good luck.
luigizolezzi, , Vienna, VA
Sat Jul 13, 2013
My name is Luigi Zolezzi, I am a real estate agent with Spring Hill Real Estate in Tysons VA. I am looking for a condo for one of my clients, a diplomat. Please contact me or send me your condo information to luigizolezzi@gmail.com . My cel is 240.277.3189 . Thank you.
Miekeba Jones, Agent, Silver Spring, MD
Fri Jul 12, 2013
Hi BeStreetDC, most renters do look at Craigslist or are directed that way by some agents. Placing the home on MLS provides a broader marketing reach to Realtor s because we generally search for homes on the MLS.
Larry Hodgson, , Washington, DC
Wed Jul 10, 2013
All agents including agents who specialize in rentals use MLS to aggregate working lists of available properties.
Anything that raises the amount of exposure you generate will increase your potential revenue and decrease your time on market.
Trulia is another important tool for our local market.
As with all potential transactions, pricing is critical, to time on market.
Important questions: how long has the listing been out there, and how many showings have you had?
Tony Taylor, Agent, Washington, DC
Wed Jul 10, 2013
A full marketing campaign should include MLS, Trulia, Zillow, Craigslist and about 50 other websites. I work to place tenants in rentals every week in DC and many find them on my website at http://www.finddchouses.com which is connected to the MLS. In addition, any Realtor that works rentals will have a database of tenants looking for rentals. Yesterday, I had 48 people actively searching for a rental in the Dupont/Adams Morgan area.

Realtors normally split the 1st month of rent if we secure a tenant. Sometimes we will split 75% of the 1st month of rent depending on the rental amount and time it will take to market. In addition we screen the tenant so you don't waste your time with unqualified prospective tenants. Feel free to email, call or text if you have anymore questions.

Tony Taylor, DC Real Estate Guy
202.520.1819
tony@dcrealestateguy.com
Web Reference:  http://www.finddchouses.com
Nicole Willi…, Agent, Columbia, MD
Wed Jul 10, 2013
Posting to MLS for higher end properties is very important. Wealthy people do not generally look on Criagslist for housing or for anything because they do not have time. People who get paid a lot of money for their employment are too busy working to find their own housing they know that their time is better spent working and so they higher professionals to do tasks like finding housing,etc. If you would like me to list this rental for you, I am happy to help. Please contact me. I am sure that you will make money in the long run because you will save money in time. The MLS will make this apartment available to all of the agents out there and they will be motivated to bring renters. Please contact me today. Properties in Dupont should not sit - they are very valuable and highly desired. Contact me now 410-340-6425