Looking for a brokerage/sales agent specializing in rentals in Fords/Woodbridge to list my house.

Asked by M Sleman, 08863 Tue Jun 16, 2009

Please include a summary of your experience and what you can do to rent my house asap what commission you charge. Thanks

Answers

5
Sonia Bafna-…, Agent, Metuchen, NJ
Sun Jun 21, 2009
The commission is generally 1 month rent. Not only do I market that area extensively but I live in the area as well. Feel free to contact me.

Sonia Bafna-McDougal, ABR,SRES
Prudential
3 Amboy Ave, Metuchen NJ 08840
908-420-2517
Francesca Pa…, Agent, Manasquan, NJ
Fri Jun 19, 2009
M Slkeman,

Give craislist a try first. I recently had a prospect trhough Trulia, who wanted to list. Before doing so I advised heh to give Craigslist a shot for 2 weeks; she was able to seucre a rental and was very commfortable with her decision wihtout having to "list."

Love and Peace,
Francesca, Realtor, ePro
Francesca @PattrizioRE.com
Web Reference:  http://www.PatrizioRE.com
John Sacktig, Agent, New Jersey, NJ
Thu Jun 18, 2009
Hi M.

Give me a call. I have rented many apartmetns/ homes form East Brunswick, Perth Amboy, New Brunswick, South River and more. My particular methods are. The commission would be 1 month rent and paid by the homeowner.

John Sacktig
Broker / Manager
Office: 732-863-6969

JSacktig@orangekeyrealty.com
Francesca Pa…, Agent, Manasquan, NJ
Mon Jun 22, 2009
M,

Having personally been a victim of such a scam and done research within the RE industry and outside municipal contacts, the primary targets appear to be homes that appear to be or are advertised as vacant and as mentioned below are listed with RE agencies. These jokesters copy the company pics and description and count on the listing agents to be too busy with selling homes than renting (as small ROI) to notice. . . . joke is on them, we are noticing!

Having said that, I'd offer you the following advice whether you give craigslist a try or list with a RE company.

(1) Do not publish the actual address and/or advise the agency that you do not want the address to be included in any advertisements (except the local MLS).

(2) Do not state that the property is vacant and/or advise the agency.

(3) If the property is in fact vacant, do not publish pics of the interior (if it is not furnished).

In closing, I'll share another success story . . . just this past May a fellow agent had multiple rentals that "just weren't moving." On a Thursday, she placed ads on Craigslist . . . by Saturday, she filled the vacanies in 3 of 4 properties with people that contact her through those ads.

Unfortunately, Nigerian scams are all to common and advisements against them have been plentiful for many years.

Love and Peace,
Francesca Patrizio, Realtor, ePro
John Sacktig, Agent, New Jersey, NJ
Mon Jun 22, 2009
Hi M.

I also was posting my rentals on Craigslist and just stopped that practice as there is a scam that is running rampant out there... I just called the Middlesex MLS and reported it and found out there are 3 other cases...

I recieved a call from a person that said he was going to be the new tenant... and was wondering when I was taking the sign off the house.. I told him the house was listed and I had no one interested.. he said he was about to send the $3000 deposit money and first month rent to the "owner" and is looking to move in.
He was sending it to a nice man "Vince Lopez" who recently, due to work reasons..relocated to Nigeria and wanted to get his house rented for the next two years for only $1000. per month.

Yup, in this day and after all the talk about it, there are still unsuspectiing people out there who have not heard of the Nigeria email ripoffs... Thanks to the sign on the rental, the person did not send the cash and did not get ripped off in the process.

Stick with a full service Realtor that has experience in Rentals that can at least be a first line of defense in finding a good qualified tenant. When I take a rental, we secure a credit report, employment information 1.5 months rent for security deposit and the first months rent. A Professional that understands the Real Estate Business can help, unlike a Flat fee / FSBO or Craigslis posting. t