LOOKING FOR A RENTAL HOUSE IN BROWNSVILLE, TX

Asked by Monica, Lubbock, TX Thu Feb 19, 2009

I MAY POSSIBLY BE MOVING TO BROWNSVILLE HERE WITHIN THE NEXT 3-4 MONTHS AND I WAS LOOKING FOR A HOUSE FOR RENT AND I AM REALLY NOT HAVING ANY LUCK AS FAR AS FINDING THEM ONLINE, MY BUDGET FOR A RENTAL HOME IS BETWEEN $700-900. I ALSO HAVE 2 SMALL OLDER DOGS SO I WAS NEEDING A PLACE WHERE THEY WOULD ACCEPT PETS.

Answers

3
Steve Tennis…, Agent, McAllen, TX
Thu Feb 19, 2009
Monica,

Just to give you an idea, there are 2 properties listed right now that will accept pets. One is a condo and the other is a single family home listed with a REALTOR friend of mine.

Steve
Steve Tennis…, Agent, McAllen, TX
Thu Feb 19, 2009
Monica,

In the McAllen area, I would be able to find you a home for that price and with the pets. With 3 to 4 months before you move, you have plenty to time to find one, but the good ones only last 20 to 30 days on the market.

Craigslist is not really a big item in the Valley. It is used just a little in the McAllen area, but it is usually never anything good. Our local newspapers can give you a better shot. The paper for B'ville is the Brownsville Herald.

If you need the help, I can help you look and give you an idea about what is available on the MLS in the Brownsville area but I will need some more information about what type of home, neighborhood, etc.

Brownsville is a neat place with a bunch of resacas that criss cross the city and split neighborhoods.

Let me know

Steve Tennison
956.624.2297
steve.tennison@att.net
Dana Schuster, Agent, Slidell, LA
Thu Feb 19, 2009
Hi,Monica:

Rental properties are not listed on Trulia. You can do three things to find a rental

1. Contact a local agent who can locate rental properties on the MLS

2. Check the local classifieds & sites such as Craigslist. Be very careful of Craigslist,however,a lot of these rentals are phony--posted by scam artists.

3. Drive around the area & look for yard signs.

Very few owners are willing to rent to people with pets. They are concerned not only with damage,but with possible liability issues. Be prepared to pay a hefty non refundable pet deposit.