Is there a place to rent where I need to live away from the "student" living areas, where I can walk to the areas I want to shop/got to venues, etc?

Asked by motionwatermag, Ann Arbor, MI Mon Jan 7, 2013

one or two bedroom place for rent. Plan on staying in ann arbor. Am retired school teacher and would like to have an apt. with a lot of light and not on the first floor.

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3090803236-1100-Rabbit-Run-Cir-…

Answers

1
Robert Eckst…, Agent, Ann Arbor, MI
Mon Jan 7, 2013
Yes there are areas which include both students and older folk. Some are close to campus (N. Burns Park,untenured Burns Park, the apartments just N. of Medical campus on the Huron, and a couple of others come to mind.) Shopping is limited and expensive anywhere around campus. As you move west toward the downtown and past it the balance tips toward nonstudents, fewer rentals no less expensive but one has somewhat more shopping options with the farmeers market and Kerrytown. West past the downtown one is in an area of far fewer rentals, very nice. Ann Arbor has excellent bus service and some of the periferal areas can offer lower prices, walking to shopping centers and lower costs, some excellent large public parks are further out (I'm talking 3-5 miles from campus, really not far at all). There are many options but everything in Ann Arbor flows outward from the UofM central campus and the closer you are the more it will cost. If I were looking I'd look at an area in the NE- Geddes Lakes Condos. It has good bus service to campus 3m away, the best grounds and ammenities of any complex at any price, an international mix of residents of different ages, 1m to shopping along Plymouth Rd. That's were I would want to rent. Bob Eckstein Howard Hanna Real Estate Services - more important- resident pretty steadily since 1962