alandra_sher…, Renter in Round Rock, TX

Is it possible to lease a house with bad credit but great references?

Asked by alandra_sherman, Round Rock, TX Tue May 22, 2012

Answers

4
Carla Pennin…, Agent, Georgetown, TX
Mon Jun 4, 2012
As others have said, the landlord has the final say, and good references certainly help. A property management company recently told me that they aren't particularly concerned with an overall low credit score. They look for broken leases, evictions, late rent.

Lease property is pretty limited right now, but I am happy to help you locate rental property. We can set up an automatic email that comes to you as soon as a property is listed on the MLS.

Please contact me here or call me directly at (512) 635-2117.
Don Groff, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue May 22, 2012
It definitely is. References and compensating factors will be evaluated by landlords. Each home is owned by an individual so some might be more forgiving. It would also be a good idea to write a letter of explanation as to what happened with your credit. Also if you had a previous rental history it will be important to show that you paid on time as that is second only to how you take care of the property in a landlords mind.

Best of luck to you.

_______________________________________
Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 m 512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com | http://www.AustinListed.com
Sara Scott R…, , Cedar Park, TX
Tue May 22, 2012
Hi Alandra,

It is possible, and it helps if you have great references. You can also write a letter to go along with your application that explains some of the issues on your credit.

You can search for homes for lease in Forest Creek, as well as other areas, on my website with this link.

http://www.homesbysara.net/listings/areas/72100/propertytype…

Let me know when you see a home that you are interested in.

Sara Scott
512-578-8525
Raymond Huss…, Agent, Georgetown, TX
Tue May 22, 2012
Hello Alandra,

Iffind that credit is just one issue. If you have credible references like a former landlord then you may be in luck. The big kicker is who are you competing against. Are you looking to rent the best place in the city or are you looking at a less than desirable location? How will your background check look (this is HUGE)? Can you put down extra money to make the owner feel a little more secure in renting to you? Do you have a restricted breed of animal (like a Rottweiler or a Pit Bull)? I do leasing every day and these are what you will run into. So to answer your question, yes you can but you may have to settle for less than the best with less than perfect credit.

Your professional in Real Estate,
Raymond Husser
JBGoodwin Realtors
512-818-6803
Raymond-Husser@jbgoodwin.com