If my lease is up Nov 29th when should I start looking for a place? what is the process for renting a home?

Asked by Chresa, Stockbridge, GA Tue Aug 20, 2013

Add some detail about your question

Answers

4
LaShonda Sol…, Agent, Marietta, GA
Fri Aug 23, 2013
Now would be an opportune time to start your search. Even if you're not ready to sign a lease, you can identify the communities as well as the amenities and criteria that you desire in your next home. In some cases, the property may be listed now but may not be available until later as the owner is looking to secure a tenant without having any vacant time. Hope that helps.

LaShonda Solomon
Associate Broker
Keller Williams Realty Signature Partners
(678) 477-5226
LaShondaSolomon@kw.com
http://www.AtlantasPremierProperties.com
Judy Onyango, , Stockbridge, GA
Tue Aug 20, 2013
Chresa,

Thank you for this very important question. With the knowledge that November is just around the corner and with low property inventory in the Metro areas including Stockbridge, GA. I would suggest that there's no better time to start viewing rental properties that NOW. Rental properties tend to last an average of 2 to 10 days on the market at best. So it is imperative that you be very aggressive when you start looking. Be prepared with documents such as W-2's, Income Tax Returns, Pay Stubbs, Bank Statements etc. These may vary according to the Landlord and/or Agency involved. Often on a case-by-case situation.

I hope I was able to be of some help to you.

For further help, please visit my website: http://www.judyonyango.prudentialgeorgia.com

HAPPY HOUSE HUNTING!
If I am current in Bankrupt status, will it be impossible for me to rent a house. I have been in my current apartment for 2 yrs listed as a Tenent, not a Lease Owner because of my credit but I make all the payments and pay with my checks so that I can show that I am the person paying the lease. Is there places that is willing to give you that chance without asking for an arm and leg in deposits? I was looking at a couple of houses last year if I see they are still on the market to rent, does that mean that something is wrong with them, is there something like carmax for houses? lol
Flag Tue Aug 20, 2013
Gary Geer, Agent, Antioch, IL
Tue Aug 20, 2013
Chresa,
Start your search now, but don't get serious until you are about 45 days from vacating. This way you will learn about the current rental market in your area prior to being in a position where you have to move now. Take this time to prepare for finding your next rental by gathering information you will need to fill out a tenant application. Review your credit score for free at creditkarma.com. If your score is low work on all issues you can to raise your score prior to making an application. Talk to friends and your current landlord about giving you a recommendation letter. Then in October run your credit report and get your credit score. Having this information will help you be prepared in time to find the perfect home. All the best.
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. What if i know my credit is poor (bankrupt) do I even have a chance to rent?
Flag Tue Aug 20, 2013
Noah Seidenb…, Agent, Evanston, IL
Tue Aug 20, 2013
If you want to use a Realtor then call your local company like Coldwell Banker. The properties are usually owned by people who want to skip the trouble of handling on their own. It also goes in the local MLS too.
You can also look on Craig's List or you local papers. Usually the person who owns the property pays the commission if you use a Realtor so there is no cost to you besides a credit check and the rent and deposit of course
Flag Tue Aug 20, 2013