Jane, Renter in Santa Rosa, CA

I need a listing of rentals that are lower-priced to get into as we have to be out of our house by March 17, 2012, and our credit is not good now

Asked by Jane, Santa Rosa, CA Tue Mar 13, 2012

I'm not having any luck finding a rental (my husband & me plus 1 dog/1 cat). We need a two-bdrm, possibly with a small backyard. The problem is no rental companies will rent to us as our credit is not good due to the foreclosure. Can you help me?

Answers

4
Anita Anders…, Agent, Santa Rosa, CA
Fri Dec 26, 2014
Park Lane Villas has great apartments at the best prices! 980 Double Drive in Santa Rosa.
David Poulsen, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Fri Mar 16, 2012
It is harder to find a rental that allows dogs. Have you tried looking for private owners on Craigslist? They may give you a chance as many people are in the same boat as yourselves. Also look at Apartment complexes, I have 3 condos in escrow on Burt Street in Santa Rosa, I notice the apartment complex across the way has for rent signs out, try them. Above all don't feel bad or ashamed, so many people are in this same situation, you would be so surprised. I wish you the best.
Sheila Lawre…, Agent, Sebastopol, CA
Tue Mar 13, 2012
If renting is the only option right now and you have a short time to find something, I would consider an apartment complex. They seem to be pretty hungry for tenants and will probably be more open to credit issues. You can also call Rental Connections @ 575-9652 and DeDe's Rentals @ 523-4500. Tell them you can move in right away and explain why your credit is dinged. You're not alone in that, lots of people have compromised credit right now. Good luck!
Terry Bell, Agent, Santa Rosa, CA
Tue Mar 13, 2012
If you do have income and your credit is just bad because of the foreclosure, you might consider trying to buy a mobile home. I would suggest talking to some family for help in buying a low cost unit and let them have part ownership to help you with either qualifying for the credit check by the park, or for help in financing part of it. If you have family that can afford to buy an investment home and rent to you, that is another option that people are doing.