I'm need to find a rental in manassas, my credit is poor, and I can't get a loan to pay off my debts! How do I find a place to live!?

Asked by Kathy Holmgren, Manassas, VA Tue Mar 26, 2013

Answers

4
Marilyn Cunn…, Agent, Gainesville, VA
Fri May 9, 2014
I disagree that an apartment complex is your best bet. They will have strict guidelines too follow and if your score is too low, you will be turned down. Individuals have more flexibility. If they like you and believe you will pay they will rent to you regardless of your credit score.

Perhaps look into county assistance if the circumstances are too bad.
Amy Stanley, Agent, Manassas, VA
Fri Mar 29, 2013
I agree with both agents below have said. It might be in your best interest to go to an apartment complex for a year to build a rapport. That way later if you decide to go rent from an owner you won't be too much out of pocket.
Faiza Alvi, Agent, Fairfax, VA
Tue Mar 26, 2013
Check out the apartments, they might work with you and rentals by owner with a double security deposit in some cases!!
Cassandra Bi…, , Manassas, VA
Tue Mar 26, 2013
I would call whichever place you are interested in, let them know your situation, and then be open to paying a double security deposit.