I'm looking for a townhouse rental in the 22192 or 22079 zip codes for $1500 per month. I'd like to move in no later than September 1, 2013.

Asked by Angelique Diggs, Falls Church, VA Mon Jul 22, 2013

Answers

4
monicka_gri, Renter, Woodbridge, VA
Fri Aug 16, 2013
plis im looking for a townhouse for rente in woodbridge in the 22193 zip code with 2 beds and 1 1/2 bath for $900 - 1000......
Trevor Curran, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Great Neck, NY
Mon Jul 29, 2013
Good afternoon Angelique,

I’m no real estate agent, just a humble Mortgage Banker, but I can give you some guidance on your search for the right rental apartment.

In my experience in the real estate trade, I’ve discovered that the consumer is best served by adopting some simple strategies, whether you’re buying a home, selling one, or renting an apartment.

First: remember that real estate agents work on commission. The better quality agents---and those with the most experience---will be testing you from the initial contact to determine if you’re serious and will commit to using their services. Why? Because real estate is like any other business; you don’t sit at a table in a restaurant to read the menu without actually buying food at some point. It’s the same concept: the experienced real estate professional has to earn a living by renting apartments to serious and qualified prospective renters.

Therefore, the smart consumer should be well-prepared and committed to respecting the real estate professional’s time. Prepare yourself with three fundamentals: amenities, location, and price.

Know your requirements for the apartment you wish to rent in terms of amenities (one bedroom versus three bedrooms; elevator building or private house), location (proximity to public transportation or need for parking), and price. If you present yourself as well-prepared you’ll have a better chance of working with an experienced agent who will work hard to find you the right apartment.

Second, start with the internet---especially TRULIA.com---but stay “local.” Here on TRULIA.com you can easily find a local professional by clicking on “FIND an AGENT” at the top of this page. There you can hone in on a seasoned professional in exactly the area where you wish to rent your apartment.

TRULIA provides exceptional tools to help you as a consumer understand the quality of the professional you’re working with. Read the agent’s profile; check out the recommendations from previous clients; get to know the level of experience of the agent and the areas that agent covers.

Third, real estate agents are prevented by Federal regulations from answering certain types of questions. They cannot discuss schools or school districts, crime statistics, and a variety of other issues prohibited by Fair Housing regulations. If your agent is vague when you ask certain types of questions, now you know why.

Finally, demonstrate your level of seriousness to your real estate agent. Show up on time for your appointments to view apartments. If you’re required to submit documents for the Landlord to review with your rental application, get them into your agent’s hands pronto. Not only does this help you potentially get one step ahead of a competing renter, but you’ll be viewed by the Landlord as a responsible renter. Landlords prefer responsible renters, don’t they?

I hope that helps you improve the results of your search for an apartment, and helps you with a better quality experience.

Trevor Curran

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
Charline Fra…, Agent, Stafford, VA
Sun Jul 28, 2013
Hi Angelique,
Currently (7/28/2013 @9:56pm) there are 21 active townhouse rentals in 22192 & 22079 combined; six 1Bedrooms, twelve 2Bedrooms & three 3Bedrooms. If you have not found a home to rent please contact me I can help you find the home you are looking for.

Sincerely at your Service,

Charline Francis
Realtor - The Nancy Hendrickson Team

CharlineFrancis@outlook.com
540-446-5025 Bus.
William J. S…, , Woodbridge, VA
Mon Jul 22, 2013
Hello Angelique,
Based on your zip code criteria that you mentioned, you may not be able to find what you are looking for within the budget that you are asking. That being said, I would be willing to assist you in your real estate search to find a place that suits your needs within the budget you have specified. If you are interested in my assistance please email me at billsmith.realestate@outlook.com.

As a starting point, if you are interested in the full inventory of homes, receiving email alerts for new listings, and/or saving your search criteria/favorites please email me or visit my website at http://www.yournovahome.com. I hopes this helps and look forward to hearing from you.

William J. Smith
Your Realtor®, Licensed in Virginia
Keller Williams Realty Professionals, LLC
13580 Groupe Drive
Woodbridge, VA 22192
703-357-9163 Office | 703-357-9164 Fax
571-408-1050 Cell
billsmith.realestate@outlook.com
http://www.yournovahome.com