I feel that the rental at 1441 Grant St, San Franscico may be a scam. If not I am interested in renting. bedellpaul@msn.com please advise.

Asked by Paul Bedell, San Francisco, CA Tue Jul 12, 2011

Is this rental for real??????

Answers

4
Carla Muss-J…, , Portland, OR
Sun Jul 1, 2012
I'm so curious to know . . . was the mystery ever solved??
Divya Bhat, , San Francisco, CA
Wed Jul 13, 2011
Based on the listing, it's tough to tell; while the price is attractive, it's not completely out of the range for that area. I recommend you email the landlord, and look for red-flags in their response. The link below provides some useful guidance on determining whether or not a listing is a scam:

http://www.trulia.com/blog/discovertrulia/2010/06/trulia_psa…

As a rule of thumb, situations involving wire transfers or a landlord who is currently traveling and can't meet you in person can be rental red flags.

If you think you've found a scam, please hit the "Report error" button on the listing and tell us! Or if you are in doubt, forward the email you get from the landlord to customerservice@truila.com and we can help you out.

Thanks for your question!

Divya
Sr. Product Manager, Trulia Rentals
Lamont Steph…, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Tue Jul 12, 2011
Paul,
Its not that its a scam, its just that its likely to be true. the thing is..the price is correct for North Beach but the specs don't seem right. If it was renting for 200.00, I'd be more apt to consider it a scam. I checked and its listed on another rental site as well but with a different contact number, both of which were different area codes. I have been surprised when I think its a faulty and the actual listing agent responds so you never know. The worst thing that can happen is that you get on a spam list...

If you are looking for rental properties, we can help you find legitimate listings in San Francisco. You can check our site for listings and submit faulty listings for verification....

Good luck with your search

Duncan
lduncan@duncanrealestateservices.com
CA DRE# 01817410
Phone (800) 385-0697
cell(415) 349-5020
Paul Bedell, Renter, San Francisco, CA
Tue Jul 12, 2011
I am the one asking the question. Is this rental for real?