For Rent in Batavia>Question Details

Monica Gepha…, Home Owner in Batavia, IL

I'd like to get my condo rented out so that I can move on. Any help would be appreciated that won't cost me a months rent.?

Asked by Monica Gephart, Batavia, IL Mon Oct 1, 2012

1689 Haines Drive, Batavia, IL
Any advise on my ad is appreciated.

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in Batavia

Answers

6
Congratulations on taking on the tasks of securing a tenant for your Batavia condo. The location is very desireable and the average rents in the area are affordable.

The homeowners who wish to pay a Realtor a months rent to secure a good tenant understand many of the hassles involved with marketing their property. For those that I have represented it is a small price to pay to make sure you're covered with all the Illinois disclosures, marketing language and background checks to complete the due diligence.
Thank you everyone. I've thought about and agree with more pictures and shorter description. I've always been a do it myselfer but can see all that is involved now and that a month’s rent for commission for work done is a fair price. I have done a lot of research and have most of what I need to be ready to go. I've so far learned not to skip any of my prescreening questions on the phone so as to not use anyone’s time unnecessarily. I've inquired about the MLS and will soon be listing there. I have an agent I want to work with if I'm going that route. Thanks again. Monica
I would encourage you to put on the MLS too and I concur. Everyone deserves to get paid for what they do. There is a lot more involved in screening tenants, leases, etc. If you are trying to do this yourself and you don't have experience in looking for tenants, you could lose more than a months rent if you have to evict, etc.

There are no guarantees with anything, but professional realtors know what to look for and can give you good advise. Plus, if you put on Craigslist, etc. you are opening your door to anyone from the public. If someone is working with a Realtor, you have a better chance at getting a better person. Good luck and be careful.
Your Trulia Ad looks pretty good. If I'm splitting hairs I would add more photos and shorten your description. I would put the most important details that people want first then go into the details or "fluff" of the listing.

Good Luck to you.
Monica - most agents will want (and deserve) to be paid for helping you get a renter. If we put it in the mls then we would need to pay the agent that brings the renter. If you can get first month's rent and security deposit that will give you the money up front to help pay the commission.
Millpond is renting for about 1150 to 1300 depending if you have an end unit or not.
I live in Batavia and am very familiar with the town homes there I would be happy to help answer any questions you may have. Feel free to call me at 630-262-4385.

If you are trying to do it yourself I would recommend seeing if any of the online rental sites would let you post it or Craig's list.

Rita Rae
Monica,
Are you referring to the commission?? The rental market is HOT right now. Good rentals go quickly. The assistance of an agent to help you in getting a quality tenant is priceless. You can place the ad yourself either in the paper or on Craigslist, but are you comfortable in meeting these potential tenants yourself? Do you have the means to screen them? Please consider your safety, security and sanity. IF you'd like help in renting your condo -- I would love to help you.

Discover the Diane Difference...
Diane MOOrales
Keller Williams Fox Valley Realty
630.709.9882

"Like" MOVIN WITH MORALES on Facebook!