I bought a 3 bedroom town home in San Ramon and is looking to rent it out.Is there any ideas,suggestions?

Asked by Shal, Tracy, CA Sat Jan 3, 2009

Answers

2
Bernard Gibb…, Agent, Danville, CA
Sat Jan 3, 2009
If you don't mind dealing directly with renters this is one area that you really don't need a real estate agent. Certainly I list homes for lease and put them on the MLS. I generally find a good tenent quickly. This works very well for people who do not want the hassle of doing it themselves. I charge 6% of the first years rent and half of that goes to the agent who brings the renter.

You will still need a Property Manager unless you feel you can do that yourself as well.

But as I say, you don't need an agent to find a renter. If you advertise your home to rent on Craigs List http://(www.craigslist.org) and you are asking a fair rent, you should find a renter within a few weeks. You will need to take up refernces and do a credit check of course but lease agreements and applications are available from any big office supply store. I think NOLO Press have a book on hoe to go about this.

Yes, this is one area of real estate where I believe that you don't necessarily need an agent to help you. Now buying and selling a home are something else. Anybody who try's to do that without an agent needs their head examining.

Just My Opinion!

Bernard Gibbons

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bernard Gibbons, Realtor, e-PRO Certified Internet Specialist
J. Rockcliff Realtors, 15 Railroad Avenue, Danville, CA 94526
Phone (925) 997-1585
bernard@bernardgibbons.com
The Medford…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Sat Jan 3, 2009
Shal:

There are a number of good Property Managers that cover your area. I can recommend one offline if you wish. If interested, please email me. We're not allowed to use this venue for advertising anyone.

carl@carlmedford.com
Web Reference:  http://www.carlmedford.com