I am looking to rent a house. I have 3 dogs & a cat will it be hard to find a home for us all?

Asked by Shannon Alfred, 77018 Tue Oct 15, 2013

Answers

6
Raina Gibson, Agent, Katy, TX
Fri Oct 18, 2013
Hi Shannon,

It can be difficult to find properties to lease to tenants with multiple pets, however, there are landlords that will consider your situation. There is currently only one property for lease in the 77018 zip code that will accepts pets. Are you willing to consider other areas?

Raina Gibson
Realty Associates
832-437-7774
raina@rainagibson.com
this is the area that I work & currently live in
Flag Fri Oct 18, 2013
Connie Inmon, Agent, Cypress, TX
Tue Oct 15, 2013
Shannon, each rental is different. Some landlords don't mind animals but there is normally non- refundable pet deposits required. It is best to let the your real estate agent know up front about all of your pets and find the best property that suits your needs.

Good Luck
Connie
Al Geffon, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue Oct 15, 2013
Shannon ...

It certainly will ... and even if you could find something, be prepared to pay a considerable pet deposit ... $1000 or more is not out of the question.

You'll also need to inform any owner what breeds the dogs are ... some insurance companies (including mine) will not cover incidents involving pit bulls, rottweilers, chows and other such animals.

It's a long shot at best.
Paul Kothari, Agent, HOUSTON, TX
Thu Oct 17, 2013
Hi Shannon,

It will be difficult but all depends on breed of the dogs, size of the dogs and if dogs have had any history of biting. I would recommend that you have your file prepared, so when you apply to get a house, you will have all the documents a landlord will request and this will increase your chances of getting a property.

I would include following in your files:
1. Shot records of all 3 dogs and a cat
2. History from the Vet showing no history of biting OR damage to property
3. You may want to get a renter's insurance with pet liability clause that protects the landlord and you if something where to happen OR if one of your pets were to bite someone on the property than it will not be damaging to either you OR the land lord...Believe me this is a small expense but any land lord will be very pleased when they see this with your application...speaking form experience

By the way, if you need any help in finding the right property. Feel free to give me a call.

Paul Kothari, REALTOR®
DRE # 633612, Sales Agent

Carrington Real Estate Services (US), LLC
3333 W. Alabama, Suite 125
Houston, TX 77098

Mobile: 713-345-0073
paul.kothari@carringtonres.com
http://www.carringtonrealestate.com

"A referral from you is the highest compliment I can receive!"
jhadfield2002, , Cypress, TX
Thu Oct 17, 2013
Shannon,
I know it is hard to find a place when you have furry family members, and I may have a solution but it is in
Spring Cypress Rd/Telge Area about halfway between these major freeways - Hwy 249 and Hwy 290.

I have a private 3 bedroom home (1200 sq. ft) on 1/2 acre in Cypress Texas 77429 (not a neighborhood private land with one other home on it) and it is almost ready to go.
$1200 per month. Just painted, hanging new doors and still need to carpet the bedrooms and resurface bathtubs. It's is wooded 1/2 acre with fence around it. No garage available currently but plenty of parking for cars, boats, etc.

Cleaning deposit is $500, refundable at end of lease if left clean!
We allow pets and with four of them it will be $175 per pet ($700) deposit, non refundable.
I am trying to have it ready by Nov. 1st.

If interested in seeing property on Sunday please call Fred at 281-224-4819 or 281-357-8392 home.
Mark McNitt, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue Oct 15, 2013
Shannon,

I just did a quick search of rental single family homes in Houston zip code 77018. 13 in total that said "yes" or "case by case" in regards to pets. Prices ranged from $1,000-$2,800/month. Most are in Oak Forest, a few in Garden Oaks.

Typically there is a $200-$300 extra deposit PER PET. However, I have seen landlords agree to less with the prospect of a great tenant that offered excellent credit scores and credentials.

We would need some additional information such as your price range, date of move in, etc. Let us know if we can assist you. Please email or call.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.