I am looking for a live in art studio located in Denver. Ideally would have a large open floor plan. Help!

Asked by Cassie, Denver, CO Mon Nov 28, 2011

An ideal space to mesh creativity and living in one. Renting please!

Answers

12
Suz A, Agent, Longmont, CO
Fri Apr 27, 2012
Check out the area north of LoDo (north of 20th). There are many warehouses in this area, some with living spaces.
Suz A, Agent, Longmont, CO
Tue Apr 24, 2012
Hello Artfully,
How wonderful for us! I mean people who appreciate art, of course.

There are properties in the South Logan/I-25/Broadway area that look like what you could be looking for. The rents for apartments are in that range. South Broadway is probably a good place to check from the Trulia rentals as well as Craigslist. Be careful when shopping for rentals. Make sure you can get inside the rental before you give anyone money.

I would encourage you to speak to artists as well as shop owners on a noisy street. Let me know how you do.

Suz
PML of Longmont, CO
720.810.1534
bouldersuz@gmail.com
Suz A, Agent, Longmont, CO
Wed Nov 30, 2011
I don't think any one area has a monopoly on northern light.

In lower downtown, I'm sure there are warehouses that have been converted to lofts. In fact, there are condos called lofts down there.

As others have noted, you haven't really stated what are the things you are looking for, and that limits how helpful we can be. Readers who want to post questions, please supply more information when requested. We're at our best when we have information.

My husband is an illustrator and he says an artist wants to be close to his subject matter and other artists. That would be the Capitol Hill and lower downtown areas. In fact, the general area running from Santa Fe and Broadway over to University along 14th is a very vibrant and interesting area. You can rub shoulders with other artists there, visit the Modern Art Museum as well as many galleries in this area.

You might also check out Loveland, Longmont and Boulder for their art communities. But, you asked about Denver. There is also the Academy of Arts in the area I described at the top. Denver has a concentration of universities at the Auraria Campus. My husband studied fine arts at Metropolitan State College years ago.

There are some inexpensive rents in this area. I love the restaurants. Younger adults migrate to this area for its lifestyle.

Happy hunting.

SuZ
PML of Longmont, CO
720 810 0683
Josh Snyder, Home Buyer, Englewood, CO
Wed Apr 8, 2015
The Arts District on Santa Fe. There is a great property at 851 Santa Fe Dr., called The BitFactory. Hallways of studios great for artists!! But not livable.
Ethan Besser, Agent, Englewood, CO
Wed Aug 21, 2013
Look at the Glass House work and living space together. You can email me for current listings.

Call me if you would like to have more information at 303-856-8980.
Artfullyinve…, Renter, Wheat Ridge, CO
Tue Apr 24, 2012
Hi Lane,
I was wondering if you might have information on a warehouse for rent. I am getting bogged down with all the techno-info and seek insight. I am an artist of several mediums, including metal, sketching, and some fabric arts. I need lots of space and preferably out of earshot so I don't bother anyone while I work late hours. Although, I would like to find a spot that that is not far from the art walks, so I can take some of my work there easily. I'm not too concerned with the look of the building. My max price range currently is about 650-700, but If you find something close to that price I would be happy to look it over. Thank you for your time.
Lane Walsh, Agent, Denver, CO
Tue Dec 13, 2011
Hi Cassie,

I have a lot of clients who are artists so I search for these types of properties all the time! Can you give us a few more details and I can run it through my database to see if anyone has any leads? Feel free to contact me as well!

Look forward to hearing from you!

Lane Walsh
Dwell Denver
Web Reference:  http://www.dwell-denver.com
Suz A, Agent, Longmont, CO
Fri Dec 2, 2011
Cassie, have you looked for art communities?
Kevin (720)…, , Denver County, CO
Tue Nov 29, 2011
Hello Cassie
If you could post some more information about your situation, such as what kind of art you do, are you going to rent or purchase space. There is a large growing art community in north Denver and a well established art community South Santa Fe Area. I know of several commercial properties that have open floor plans great location. Hope all works out for you. Let me know if I can help.
Regards
Kevin M Connolly
Verde Denver
Real Estate & Property Management
720-334-6181
Kevin@verdedenver.com
Ron Rovtar, Agent, Boulder, CO
Tue Nov 29, 2011
Hi Cassie: Being a very large city, Denver has a variety of properties to meet just about any needs. If you can supply us with more information about price range, neighborhood and amenities that appeal to you, we all will be happy to offer some more solid suggestions. It also would be good to know exactly what kind of art you do. For example, a sculptor who makes a lot of hammer noise might want a location away from other residential properties to avoid noise complaints. BTW: I always suggest that buyers and sellers interview several agents before choosing one they feel they can best work with. Good luck

Kind regards,
Ron Rovtar
Prudential Real Estate of the Rockies
Days: 303.981.1617
Evenings: 303.473.1926
ron@rovtar.com
http://www.rovtar.com
Robert McGui…, Agent, Denver, CO
Mon Nov 28, 2011
Hi Cassie,

Are you looking for another rental or a purchase. Let me know and more detail and I will be glad to help you. This is a great time to purchase for all who can swing it at this time.

Robert McGuire ASR
Realtor/Consultant
YourCastle Real Estate
1776 S. Jackson St. #412
Denver CO 80210
Direct - 303-669-1246
Ethan Besser, Agent, Englewood, CO
Mon Nov 28, 2011
Dear Cassie,

I have one that is coming on the market next week. Call me 303-856-8980.

You can also use my award winning website to search.

Ethan Besser
Keller Williams
303-856-8980