I am an individual looking to find someone to takeover my apartment lease in Houston. How do I post this listing?

Asked by akbarnwell, Houston, TX Tue Oct 30, 2012

Answers

1
Al Geffon, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue Oct 30, 2012
Do you have your landlord's approval? If not, that would be the first step. Many owners would want to interview the new prospective tenant before granting permission for a sublease. If you live in a complex with a management company, it may be even more difficult. Whatever the circumstances, do not go behind the owner's back ... it could be a very expensive lesson.

Assuming that it's OK, I'd post it on Craigslist or one of those "green sheets" found in many restaurants and convenience stores. I own several rental properties, and would not want to lease any of my homes to a stranger. Best of luck ...

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@algeffon.com
Web Reference:  http://www.har.com/algeffon
Good news for you. I'd post the ad in Craigslist with the caveat that there will be a $50 application fee, and credit/work/rental history will be checked. If application is approved, you would reimbirse the new tenant the $50. Best of luck.
Flag Thu Nov 1, 2012
Thank you for your response Al Geffon! I have spoken to my apartment manager and was told to find someone, they would need to fill out the application, pay the $50 application fee (which I would be happy to pay) and if approved I would move out and they would move in and I would be released of all liability. Hopefully this is correct information!
Flag Tue Oct 30, 2012