I am a Section 8 voucher holder looking to rent a home in the MetroWest area of MA. Very quiet family with no pets.

Asked by Quiet Family, Framingham, MA Thu Jul 7, 2011

I am a single mother of four (two in college, one in high school and one in middle) who just received a Section 8. It allows me to have a 4 bedroom with a maximum pay of $1950 but Utilities would have to be included. Without Utilities I would have to rent in the $1600-$1700 range. If you are interested in an extremely quiet family, LOOK NO FURTHER!! I will be very honest with you, my children are involved in extra curricular activities during the winter months, therefore we are hardly home, this is why when we are home, we are just relaxing and enjoying some quiet and peaceful time together

Answers

2
Heidi Zizza, Agent, Framingham, MA
Thu Jul 7, 2011
The best place to search for rentals is on craigslist. In addition SMOC has a list of approved properties available for rent.
Eric Rollo, Agent, Boston, MA
Tue Sep 20, 2011

While Craigslist is wonderful to search for rental properties, you can also contact local real estate agencies for assistance. Many agencies and property managers have numerous properties that they may not post on Craigslist. No property owner may discriminate based on Section 8 status. Most landlords, management companies, and agencies have an application process that will look at references, credit history, and employment. With a voucher, oftentimes the voucher can weigh more than employment as the rent will be subsidized. Provided you meet the landlord's specifications in these basic areas, you'll have a home in no time!

Best of luck in your search for a new home!