For Rent in Chicago>Question Details

Jay Da'Boss…, Renter in Chicago, IL

I am Searching for help with an apartment here in the City of Chicago. I have basically been homeless since i moved here in Jan of this year 2013. I

Asked by Jay Da'Boss Razz, Chicago, IL Sat Jun 29, 2013

have a full time job that i moved here for and i have been paying friendly people to stay with them. Im so not loving my experience and do not want to give up but moving back home runs in my head often. I am in School part-time make great money but have bad credit do to family using my name and ss... I would love to find a private ownere but do not know where to look for flexable Private owners thats willing to work with me and not my credit .. My budget is 1000 a month and would love to have a pet Dog considering i have no family or firneds here yet.. can someone please help or give advice ???

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in Chicago

If you can provide more rent up front that might help alleviate the shaky credit issues.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 30, 2013
Try looking at Craigslist or go to Good luck!
Dawn Jackson, Licensed Leasing Agent
Allied Housing, LLC
Get a good leasing agent to help. Its free to use their services.
Web Reference:
Hi Jay you are doing good , life will chage and you will do well ..Dont get a dog for now , no a good idea for renting in your situation ...i love dogs i have a Dingo a wild dog from Australia
A Dingo eat my baby. (I could not resist) ;-)
Flag Sat Jun 29, 2013
Life it too short. If you desire a dog, go for it. That's your business. Yes, many landlords prefer not to accept dogs. You will have to find one that does. Look in the Reader and Craigslist to try and find a private owner. Yard signs may be the best. Look for those and good luck my friend!
You can clean you own credit significantly in about 30 days. Go on all 3 web sites for the 3 reporting bureaus and go on their dispute page. Dispute everything negative. If they do not respond within 30 days, it falls off by default. Call unpaid collections and negotiate a price that they are willing to pay if they are willing to remove the item from the credit.

DO NOT GET A DOG!!! Adding a dog to credit issues screams stay away from a potential landlord. They have to factor in risk of rent payments, dog damage and a barking dog annoying the other tenants. Adding fuel to a fire.