How do you report a scam on Trulia? I contacted one of the places listed and got a very far fetched answer from the so-called owner.

Asked by Tristi Tulipano, Lafayette, CA Mon May 13, 2013

Answers

3
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Mon May 20, 2013
Start by contacting, emily@trulia.com. She'll point you in the right direction. Trulia does not take scams lightly.
Michael Mccu…, , Walnut Creek, CA
Mon May 13, 2013
It happens too often. I had a listing hijacked from both Trulia and Zillow. I was able to get Trulia to remove it, but Zillow proved impossible. Beware of "owners" who have Yahoo emails and who want you to do anything online. I actually applied for the rental online and was, of course, accepted. Only had to wire funds to England and would receive keys via DHL.
Im finding the same thing. There needs to be something done about this. People are trying to find a ligit place to live and these people are playing games. Not cool at all!!!!!!
Flag Mon Jul 15, 2013
Michelle Sap…, Agent, San Ramon, CA
Mon May 13, 2013
The rental scams are rampant on trulia...reporting a shady listing doesn't do anything to stop them unfortunately. Best course? If it doesn't add up, don't give them any personal info. :(