Hi there, me and my friend are moving out and we're having trouble finding a decent apartment to fit our needs.

Asked by Jay, Pittsburgh, PA Thu Mar 15, 2012

We'd like an apartment that's a 2 bedroom and under 700 but has some utilities included. Preferably something like 645 Electric. The thing is with area. Id love to live in the city (Oakland, Shadyside, and/or Squirrel Hill) but the cost exceeds our budget unless someone knows cheaper areas. If not, suburbs is fine.. Monroeville, Murrysville, Oakmont, Plum. I want some where cheap and safe, which is sometimes very hard to look for so any help is appreciated.

Answers

4
Suzanne Grun…, , Pittsburgh, PA
Thu Mar 15, 2012
There are various resources to help you find suitable housing. You could contact some property management companies to see if they have anything available to meet your needs. At times the newspaper may be a good resource also. Just be careful-if anyone asks you to give them your banking account information, they may not be legitimate. Agents sometimes can look in the multi list for you but sometimes we can't find much either. If you want to talk further, please don't hesiatate to call my office and ask for me : 412-833-0900. Thank you! Suzanne
Thank you very much Suzanne you will be getting a call from me in the very near future :)
Flag Sat Mar 17, 2012
Jay, , Pittsburgh, PA
Sat Mar 17, 2012
Thank you guys very much! :)
x, , Pittsburgh, PA
Fri Mar 16, 2012
I'd look in Lawrenceville. The rents are typically lower than other neighborhoods, and it is becoming a trendy bohemian neighborhood. You can find some interesting looking posts on Craigslist.
Hmm not too crazy about Lawrenceville, isnt that a pretty bad neighborhood? I could be wrong but thank you for your input.
Flag Sat Mar 17, 2012
Virginia Stu…, Agent, Irwin, PA
Thu Mar 15, 2012
Aside from looking in the newspaper and online at Realtor.com, you can also go to this link to search for affordable housing: http://www.phfa.org/consumers/renters/default.aspx . Good luck to you!
Thank you!
Flag Sat Mar 17, 2012