Hi, We are moving from Canada in June & need a nice home rental near Excel Academy. How do I search for such a specific place while not living?

Asked by Erinc, Arvada, CO Tue Jan 31, 2012

there? We would like a minimum of 3 bedrooms and would like 3 bathrooms. We have one very good, indoor cat. We would also prefer to keep the rent to $2000 and under. We would like a shorter term lease because we would like to buy a house in the near future but having no US credit we are facing walls - even though our Canadian credit is impeccable. Our second choice would be a rental near Woodrow Wilson Academy. Prefer walking distance to both.

Answers

5
Suz A, Agent, Longmont, CO
Thu Apr 5, 2012
One of the calls you might make is to a property management company in Arvada. Sorry, we don't cover that area.

Property managers often have leads on what will be available in your time frame. Craigslist is great, too. And, of course, Trulia and Zillow have this service.

Best of luck to you.

Suz
David Janis, Agent, Boulder, CO
Tue Jan 31, 2012
Great answer Robyn! Listen to this gal, she knows what she is talking about.
Robyn Phipps, Agent, Arvada, CO
Tue Jan 31, 2012
Hi, Eric - If you're looking to be near Excel, you'll want to be in the 80005 area code of Arvada, or potentially the southern end of Westminster. Woodrow Wilson is also in that same general area, in or around the 80021 area code in Westminster.

Since you're looking at Charter schools, I'm sure you've found you're unable to search specifically for homes that feed into those particular schools (the Charter school admission is all based on a lottery). However, if you're in neighborhoods feeding to Sierra/Meiklejohn/Campbell/Warder Elementary Schools, you'll be relatively close to Excel. Zerger & Lukas Elementary are both near Woodrow Wilson.

I just helped a family that relocated from out of state find a rental home one block from Woodrow Wilson in the Sunstream subdivision, so they're certainly out there. I agree with Nick, Craigslist is hands down the best option for finding rentals in Denver and the surrounding metro areas. Focus on N. Arvada and SW Westminster and you'll have the best luck getting near those schools.

On a related note - if you're looking for enrollment for next year. I recommend, you submit for enrollment to get on their lottery systems ASAP. As you may know, if you live in the neighborhood, Charter school admission is not automatic. Woodrow Wilson, in particular tends to quite difficult to get into.

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. I work almost exclusively in the Arvada area and have children in the schools right near where you are looking.

Good luck in your search!

Robyn Phipps
Keller Williams Avenues
303.503.5000
robyn@robynphipps.com
http://www.DenverWestHomes.com
Nick Masciot…, Agent, Golden, CO
Tue Jan 31, 2012
One of the best sites for rentals is Craigslist, most rentals are listed here. If you would like a list of possible rent to own properties or would consider purchasing a home rather than renting let me know and I can send you a list of these homes to your inbox.

Nick Masciotro
Ultimate Real Estate/Metro Brokers
303-423-5220
Michael Le, Agent, Denver, CO
Tue Jan 31, 2012
A great website to search for rentals is, http://www.retals.com

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Michael Le
Broker
Distinct Realty Michael Le & Assoc LLC
303-356-8282
Web Reference:  http://www.distinctrlty.com