nidoublekito…, Renter in Charlotte, NC

Help! Need home rental advice. Young married couple

Asked by nidoublekitofly, Charlotte, NC Thu Oct 4, 2012

- my husband has just been medically retired from the Marine Corps
- we will be moving to Charlotte around the first or second week of November (so soon!)
-we will be going to Central Piedmont 1201 Elizabeth Ave, Charlotte NC, so we are looking for something that is a decent commute, 20 min max would be ideal!
-monthly limit is 1000 max, anything under would be great, 800 would be nice but we know what we're looking for
-must have a garage
-updated appliances preferred
-safety is important
-we have no pets but are looking to get a dog, so not a requirement on the pet policy but we are open to either
- would like to pay 3-5 months of rent in advance, but I know that just depends on the home owner.
any suggestions?! Thanks so much! Miranda

Answers

5
Rich Homer, Agent, NAPLES, FL
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Best to look for a local Real Estate Broker under "Find a Pro in the header of this website. http://www.NaplesRealEstateGuys.com
Jon Widdifie…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Your best bet would be to go through a local property management company. I would try TR Lawing. The rental market is very competitive here. Do not send money to anyone on craigslist before you see the home. There are several scammers out there. The company I listed is a legitimate company. If you would like a charlotte relocation package please just send me your home address privately and I will send you one. It has a lot of great information about the city. My email address is charlottehomepro@gmail.com.
Web Reference:  http://www.trlawing.com/
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Check with USAA (if you're members) to see if they offer any benefits. They usually do, and they can give you help.
Chip Fisher, Agent, Fort Mill, SC
Thu Oct 4, 2012
(Appeared on HGTVs House Hunters)

I have a few questions but would love to help. Please call me at 803 431-1220. Thanks!
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Not looking for business; Why don't you consider BUYING:
You will have VA eligibity, and with disability, you will not have the FUNDING FEE.
You should talk to the local VA office; they are there to help.

Oh, and thanks for serving!