Hello! Is it possible to get a realtor to help my apartment search?

Asked by Marlena, Los Angeles, CA Sun Jun 3, 2012

Hello! I am looking to relocate to another rental in the Los Angeles area. I am not at all familiar with area (originally from San Francisco) and I am having a difficult time finding an apartment that suits my needs and price (and is in a safe area).

Answers

5
Kathleen Becker’s answer
Kathleen Bec…, Agent, Santa Monica, CA
Mon Jun 4, 2012
Hi Marlena:

Yes, it is very possible to have a realtor help you find an apartment.

What are your requirements? How many bedrooms, bathrooms, do you require any special needs, amenities? What is your price range? What area will you be working in? What areas have you looked at and do you have a target area yet? There are many great areas in the Los Angeles and surround areas.

I have lived in Los Angeles all my life and know the City and surrounding areas very well. Please let me know if I may assist you in your search.

All the best and good luck!

Kat Becker, Realtor
Prudential California Realty
katbecker#=@hotmail.com
Marilyn Jenne, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Sun Jun 3, 2012
Having moved to LA from the Bay Area myself, I can understand your plight. I am happy to share my strategy that worked for me (and will possibly work for you). Feel free to call.
Melanie Gonz…, Agent, redondo beach, CA
Sun Jun 3, 2012
Hello Marlena I would be happy to assist you : )
Brian Mitry, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Sun Jun 3, 2012
Try http://www.padmapper.com it is the newest hottest thing in rental searching. As far as neighborhoods are concerned, it really depends on where you need to be for work.
Pacita Dimac…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Sun Jun 3, 2012
Just like we do in SF, check out craigslist -- and look for property management companies who regularly post rentals. Best that you work with a professional leasing agent rather than take a risk responding to individual posters who may be scammers.