Has anyone ever actually rented to one of the listing that advertise their condo/apartment. But they are not around to communicate and show you the

Asked by Rmgreta, Anaheim, CA Tue Jan 21, 2014

housing itself, and they are out of the country?? I ask because mostly more than half of my finding reaponded to me with that situation.. How do we notify that there are frauds like this trying to swindle innocent people?

Answers

6
Robert Vanat…, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Wed Jan 22, 2014
I usually rent my units using Craigslist. I also use Trulia and Postlets. There should be a telephone number for easy and quick contact.
I am around my units in Long Beach CA and I am ready to show.
If you like any of the postings and want to see any of the the units on short notice feel free to call me on my cell at 562-472-4577.
Thanks for inquiring and I hope this helps answer your question.
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Wed Jan 22, 2014
You don't have to go to the trouble of calling Trulia - that's what the "FLAG" button is for under the address.......just flag the listing as fraudulent.
Alex Montelo…, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Wed Jan 22, 2014
You can also contact Trulia by phone to report a listing. There are a ton of scammers out there. Be careful. Your best bet is to work with a Realtor. I know that there is a ton of information at your fingertips. A Realtor can do most of the work for you and weed through the garbage on the internet.

All the best.
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Tue Jan 21, 2014
if you see one of those "scam" listings on trulia, use the "flag" option
Daniel Modin, , Long Beach, CA
Tue Jan 21, 2014
If they really were out of the country, then at least they could find someone here to look after their property and show it. I am not sure what are the procedures to report those. Sometimes I mess around with them, let them sell me on their deal, and when I get some info on them, I try to report that. Usually their bank account, and I report it to their bank. But even some banks are reluctant in dealing with that.
Nicole Fedor…, Agent, Santa Ana, CA
Tue Jan 21, 2014
There are unfortunately a lot of scams out there, and what you have described is a classic one! More unfortunate, is that these folks are hard to track and bring to justice.

The best way to protect yourself is to work with a licensed Realtor, such as myself. Realtors have access to the best and most reliable listings, and our services are free to the tenants.

Contact me directly if you would like to work with me! I would be glad to help you!

Nicole Fedorchek, Realtor
Tarbell, Realtors
714-914-5097
realtornicolef@gmail.com