Waterlillie23,  in Chicago, IL

Great leasing agent needed ASAP!

Asked by Waterlillie23, Chicago, IL Mon Jun 17, 2013

I am a unit owner of a condo in Park Place Tower in Lakeview. I have a tenant who is moving out on 6/30 and after showing the unit on my own for the last three weeks I had a prospective tenant who fell through at the last minute. I am looking for a leasing agent who would be interested in taking this on at discounted rate (less than a standard one month rent fee) and who is confident that he can get a great tenant in by 7/1

All interested parties please email Yanka2381@yahoo.com

Answers

11
Jose Hernand…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Jun 20, 2013
Great building! Interview a few agents before hiring one.

Kevin Hudoba, Agent, Wheaton, IL
Wed Jun 19, 2013
You want to be comfortable with your real estate agent and trust is a must. Interview several agents and see which one best suits you and you're needs. Every agent has a little bit of a different way to get things done so interviews are great for finding out what they're all about. You want an agent who will be honest with you, not just tell you what you want to hear.

Check out my blog "Tips to Finding a Listing Agent" at http://www.trulia.com/blog/KevinHudoba/2013/06/tips_to_findi…

GOOD LUCK!

Kevin Hudoba
Exit Realty Redefined
(630)677-5559
Kevin.Hudoba1@gmail.com
Mike Opyd, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Do some research for agents online and interview a few to find the one your most comfortable with.
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Jun 17, 2013
There will be about a 1,000 people responding to this. Interview 2 or 3 and go with the one you mesh best with.
Waterlillie23, , Chicago, IL
Mon Jun 17, 2013
Thanks, its a large size 1BR.
Jacqueline S…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Jun 17, 2013
If it is the larger 1 bedroom $1600 is reasonable. If it is the Junior 1 bedroom, the price range should be closer to $1375. Good luck renting your unit.
Waterlillie23, , Chicago, IL
Mon Jun 17, 2013
I am asking for $1600 a month and there is a parking spot available for add'l $200. The unit is on the 24th floor with great southern exposure, updated with granite and newer bath, wood floors, shows extremely well and I have a good cooperating neat tenant right now

I am asking for 1 month worth of security deposit, and add'l $500 if you have a dog. I ahve compared it to similar units in the building and I think I am in line with the market.

I have had a lot of interest as I tried to show it myself but I am running into some family issues and just simply don't have the time right now.

Please see craigslist listing below

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/3848451235
Jacqueline S…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Jun 17, 2013
Asking for less than one month's rent for short notice work is not exactly reasonable. If an agent pays the cooperating agent half - minus an administrative fee of $100-250, that only leaves a little over half of whatever you agreed to pay. No good agent will be able to put a lot of time an effort into in. You are inviting scammers.
Bill J Delig…, Agent, Naperville, IL
Mon Jun 17, 2013
You are seeking professional assistance to rent out your unit with a move in by 7/1/13. You want a great tenant that meets your criteria. How realistic are you on your asking price and security deposit demands in relation to the other units in your building?
Thomas Kossn…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Jun 17, 2013
Hi, I am picking up a sales listing in that building. I am very familiar with it. Back in the day a lot of Cub players lived there. If you can't find somebody to list the apartment for less than a month's rent please call me. I learned a long time ago, when you are the best, you charge more, not less.
I charge a mere 1 months fee. As far as finding a tenant by 7/1? This is a great building and a very popular area, we should be able to rent it by then. But there are no guarantees.

Thomas Kossnar
Kale Realty
773-397-9913
Cindy Wilson, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Jun 17, 2013
Best of luck! But remember, you get what you pay for...