Do you offer any insurance for renters? A property seems too good to be true, and I want to avoid being scammed.

Asked by Abbipuanani, Inglewood, CA Sun Dec 8, 2013

The renter is out of the country, and I would have to send a deposit to him without ever meeting this person. I am afraid that if I send the money, I will never actually receive the keys, and he will disappear with the deposit. Do you offer any sort of insurance to renters through your site?

Answers

3
The Graveline…, Agent, Longmeadow, MA
Sat Jan 10, 2015
ALWAYS contact a local Realtor in regard to rental listings you may have found online. The web is a great place to start your search, but ALWAYS verify with a local Realtor. Realtors adhere to a strict code of ethics, which offers you piece of mind.
Brad Korb, Agent, Burbank, CA
Sat Jan 10, 2015
It sounds like a scam to me,have a local real estate agent check out the info for you ,good luck !
Trevolyn Hai…, Agent, Highland, CA
Sun Dec 8, 2013
You didn't post a link to the property but the very fact you are questioning it leads me to believe that it is a scam.

I would suggest that you DO NOT give this individual any money or personal info.

Read my blog titled 'Could it be a Rental Scam?' for some helpful advice.

http://www.trulia.com/blog/Trevolyn/2013/11/could_it_be_a_re…

Trulia also allows you to 'FLAG' a listing so it will be reviewed & if found to be fraudulent, it will be removed from the site.