Can we rent apartment for a week?

Asked by Snihiryova@gmail.com, Tue Jun 18, 2013

Answers

6
Joseph Runfo…, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Wed Jun 19, 2013
A 2011 law makes it illegal for New Yorkers to rent an entire apartment for less than 29 days. Only designated dwelling units on a certified list are used for occupancy for fewer than thirty consecutive days. Multiple Dwelling Law [MDL º 4(8)(a)] and, (ii) the Administrative Code of the City of New York [1968 Building Code º27-265, New York City Building Code º BC 310.1.2 and New York City Housing Maintenance Code 27-2004 (a)(8)(a)]
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Jun 19, 2013
Why not simply consider any hotel...
Noelle Bailly, Agent, NY,
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Yes you can, a great web site for that is AirBnb.com. Most landlord rentals will not do it but apartments that allow subletting or owners in condos that leave for a couple weeks post on this site for when they are away. Make sure that it is a legal sublet so you don't get kicked out mid stay!
William Macl…, Agent, NY,
Wed Jun 19, 2013
In the state of New York, its now illegal for an owner to rent an apartment for less than 30 days, so you get into a problem if the Department of State discovers it....There are other options, complete with full kitchens and furnishings that are cost effective. Hope that helps
Noelle Bailly, Agent, NY,
Wed Jun 19, 2013
Anna most of the times renting an apartment for a week, will prove more cost effective having a kitchen so you can save a little more on not eating out every night. I know that is arguably one of the reasons a lot of people come to NY is for the food but being able to make breakfast in the morning and coffee and a take away lunch adds up on a vacation. Also apartment swaps are very convenient and popular with a lot of people that travel because it is an even trade. Works out on both sides.
Web Reference:  http://www.airbnb.com
Ryan OConnor, , New York, NY
Tue Jun 18, 2013
You need to look on Craigslist under shares and sublets. If your looking for a luxury unit I have some that have two month leases. Monthly rent on something like what I have is around 10,000 a month. If you have an interest feel free to call me to discuss more in detail.

Ryan OConnor
Point NYC
347-873-1934