Are there any landlords in PHILADELPHIA that rent to those starting over with bad credit?

Asked by Tiffanymbaldwin, Philadelphia, PA Wed Feb 6, 2013

I am 28yr old woman starting my life over and have enrolled back in school. I will admit that I have a previous eviction from 5yrs ago that I'm trying to take care of. I was young and made mistakes and now want to fix things. I am looking for an apartment in the Logan, Olney or Germantown area of Philadelphia. I'm in the process of getting my credit together but it's a slow journey.

Answers

3
Sheri Curci, Agent, Newtown, PA
Wed Feb 6, 2013
T, YES WE DO...

feel free to call me for a confidential talk?

All the Best, John Curci 215-757-2889
Dominic Fusc…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Wed Feb 6, 2013
Yes, you can find a landlord with that will rent to someone with bad credit, but they may expect for you to put down more than just the usual First, Last, and security deposit.
As a landlord myself, I will look at the potential tenants credit and investigate why it is the way it is. Depending on the reason behind the poor credit I will make my decision.
Now a days it is so easy to lower your credit and it takes a long time to repair.
Ryan Garrity, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Wed Feb 6, 2013
HI Tiffany,

It really depends on the landlord, but those with not so great credit need places to live too. A few things that may help your cause are if you're able to put down 4-6 months rent up front. Or, if you're able to meet the landlord in person and explain your situation. It's always helpful to be upfront and honest, and if you explain your past and demonstrate that you are now a more put together person, then he/she may give you a chance. A face to face meeting definitely has a higher impact than a phone conversation. That would be my advice. Hope this helps, and good luck.

Ryan C. Garrity
U S Spaces, Inc.
2043 Locust St., 1F
Philadelphia, PA 19103
215-829-8850 x208
215-514-9424 (cell)
ryan@usspaces.com