Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Folsom : Real Estate Advice

  • All146
  • Local Info7
  • Home Buying65
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions5

Activity 9
Thu Aug 15, 2013
Alexander Greer answered:
I was just looking through old post and I noticed yours. If you were not able to refinance at the time of the post, I can certainly help you out now. You can call me at 408-352-5147 or email me at You can check us out at I will look at your situation and present you with some options.

Alex Greer
NMLS #1056079
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 9, 2013
Keisha Mathews answered:
Susan, I've read your individual responses to the agents on this thread (my apologies for the late response - the system does not alert us when there is a "comment" directly under our reply). Do you have an attorney involved? It's time to get one involved, either your bk attorney or a real estate attorney.

Below is a recommendation. They will give you a consultation which will involve a resolution to your issue, for $200.

BPE Law Group, Inc.
Main: 11140 Fair Oaks Blvd., Suite 300, Fair Oaks, CA 95628
Satellite: 9245 Laguna Springs Dr., Suite 200, Elk Grove, CA 95758 (Appointment Only)
(916) 966-2260

Since you are in Santa Rosa, it may serve you better to find someone out there. Perhaps call BPE and see if they can refer someone local to you. It's definitely time to get some legal guns on your side.

My best to you, and don't give up, stay persistent. This deal makes sense, Tri Counties Bank does not.

Keisha Mathews, REALTOR®
CDPE®, HRC®, HAFA® Certified
"The Short Sale Lady"
Century 21 Landmark Network
(916) 370-1803 cell/direct
(916) 405-3886 fax
lic#: 01439130
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 25, 2012
Jeff Marr answered:
It's true that using an internet-based lending source can save save the borrower a few hundred, maybe a $1000 in closing costs, and their offered rates could also be slightly lower.....but since the borrower only pays the closing costs and gets the rate IF the deal closes, the perceived savings are just that, a perception, in many cases....

Ann, would you perform your own surgery on yourself to save some $$, or use a local clinic when your condition requires a more skilled surgeon? I already know the answer to this question....

There are so many details involved in getting a loan successfully to the finish line, many related to the chosen property and type of sale, it's not just about having sufficient fico scores, income and closing funds...

Using a local pro is like hiring a specialist for your surgery....sure, it might cost a little more but it could easily mean the difference between a successful closing and one that falls apart....

Lastly, before deciding to hire ANY lending source, do some research! For internet lenders, make sure you look up their complaints on Consumer Affairs...for local, licensed loan officers, check out the CA DRE and/or NMLS...

Let me know if you'd any more information along these lines!

Best regards, Jeff Marr
... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Mon May 21, 2012
Jim Walker answered:
Sue, thanks for the heads up on the anti-skimming law. As always, when it comes to the law, my opinions are not those of a legal scholar or pro, but as an ordinary citizen who watches fewer than one "Law and Order" episode per year. - Therefore I should never be relied upon for legal advice.

Especially if someone wants to do something sketchy like skim rent. Even if it is a rarely enforced law, it is bad Karma, bad Juju, and I put a voodoo spell on anyone who does it intentionally.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 30, 2011
Roland Vinyard answered:
This can be a headache, especially if you have plans for immediate use. Once the deed is recorded, I would first, go up there introduce yourself as the new owners. Be considerate and courteous: they've lost their residence and may not be so nice in return. Ask them when they will vacate, not when they plan to do so. If it is almost immediate, I would hold off doing anything else at this time. If they are belligerent or give you reason to think there will be problems, get an attorney and start the eviction process. The sooner it is started, the sooner it ends. You can always halt if if they leave.

In some instances, offering them a sum of money may speed the process. Call it a bribe if you wish. Do not actually give them the money until they are out and you are satisfied they have not left it in a condition for which you may want to take action. An attorney can advise on this.

Lastly, a customer who dealt in Miami with difficult tenants told me this trick. Knock on the door and tell them you have to make some repairs to the place to bring up to a better condition. They will probably like this. Then take off the front door and leave with it. Don't be in a hurry to return until the home is vacant. Do not do something like this unless your attorney clears it! I thought it was funny, but he insisted he really did this. He often had drug dealers as tenants and he'd do this as soon as he figured out what they were doing, even if they were on time with the payments. I'd call it a last resort.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 1, 2011
Bud Zeller answered:
You probably have legal issues here that need to be coordinated with a real estate attorney and an experienced real estate broker!
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 30, 2009
Patti Phillips answered:
Quaisee- You may want to seek legal counsel, as stated before. One thing that seems strange to me, however, is that a home typically cannot change hands without having a clear title, and HOA fees show up as a lien against your property. I would question them as to how the home changed to the new owner without the bank clearing up the past due HOA fees. Every transaction I have had, whether from the bank as seller, or representing a buyer, has had the HOA fees paid by the foreclosing bank. I'm not sure you owe the money, and would do some serious investigation before agreeing to pay anything. Perhaps you can contact the agent that had the listing as ask them if the HOA fees were paid. It would be in their file.

Patti Phillips
"Advice You Need, Attention You Deserve"
800-680-9133 or 519-507-2100
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 12, 2009
Dizzy answered:
Thanks for all the good advice. My lease had ended May 31st and the owner gave me permission to stay until June 20. In April we got notice that payments had not been made since Sept. and this has been very upsetting, i have entered into anther agreement as I am tired of the uncertaincy and dislike paying rent to someone who is using it to pay there own rent. The people are nice though. I'm expecting the sale tp be postponed but I was curious to why their lawyer is waiting until the last second to file the suit. ... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 23, 2008
Beth Moran answered:
Good Answer Jim!
One other thing you need to consider is your price range. It's always cheaper to build a larger home so if you're on a budget then the PSF doesn't really mean anything. Better to figure out what you have to work with and then work backwards. Motive is another factor that you don't mention. Are you looking to buy to live in or are you looking for investment? More information is needed and that's why I like Jim's answer because a good Realtor will be asking those and many other questions in order to meet your criteria. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice