Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Fleming Island : Real Estate Advice

  • All27
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 12
Thu Jan 26, 2017
Alysse Musgrave answered:
When you want to buy a home, hire an Exclusive Buyer's Agent to represent you, not a regular buyer's agent. EBAs represent homebuyers only, so there is no conflict of interest to jeopardize your negotiating position. Contact for a referral to an EBA who will give you valuable advice, not a sales pitch.

Buying a Home? Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You! Follow the link below.

Alysse Musgrave
Consumer Advocate/
Exclusive Buyer Broker

Best selling author of Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jul 28, 2016
Hberberi asked:
I am in process of closing and need a home inspection. Should i contact the county's property inspection division or go with a private company.Property is located in clay county florids
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 13, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
Not very often. Your #1 source of info should be your Realtor who has access to your local MLS. That has the most updated info on sold homes.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Feb 5, 2016
Ajbradbury asked:
Please advise financial, visa and residency constraints for us moving to live in Florida permanently. We have friends (who we visit regularly) in Fleming Island. Please advise 1 month rental…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 21, 2015
Brian Klidies answered:
Are you looking for rentals or purchase? I had this issue with a past buyer. She wanted to buy a home and we found a few HOAs that did not forbid pitbulls but she needed to finance the home which required homeowner's insurance. Florida insurance companies do not want to insure a home with a, as they put it, "dangerous breed" in the home. Eventually we talked to an agent with Brightway Insurance who found her a company who would write a policy. It did cost about $200 more a year for the added risk to them. I was told the banned breeds are equivalent with a trampoline. Both are red flags in Florida. I thought that was funny.

Many condo associations and rental complexes can not allow those "banned breeds" because their insurance company will drop them if they find out there is one present.

The best thing to do would be to call each complex and ask if they allow certain breeds.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 9, 2014
Brian Klidies answered:
Because you're asking about 100% financing, I am assuming you are referring to an End Loan vice a Perm Loan which is conventional and requires 20% down. I'm also assuming that you will hire a professional builder to build the home.

The end loans are a type of loan where the Buyer’s loan takes effect at the end of the building process, when the closing takes place and the buyer moves in. Most new construction loans are end loans. They can be FHA, VA, USDA, or conventional. Expect a deposit of $5000 or more to begin construction on a new home, even if it will be refunded later in the case of VA or USDA financing.

The builder or GC you use should have preferred lenders they can recommend. What you need to have before you even approach a bank is: Contract for lot, Blueprints, Construction cost estimates, and Qualifications of the builder/GC (General Contractor)

The rest of the things you need to bring is the same as with any other type of loan. Have your personal (and/or business) tax returns and all other appropriate financial statements they request like pay stubs, statements, etc.

Long explanation just to say, that you should ask your general contractor or the builder you are going to use.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jul 3, 2014
Mark Hite Jr answered:
If you are looking in Central Florida please contact me at 321-948-7680 and I would be happy to help. As the other Agents have stated the first item of business is to obtain a pre approval from a lender. If you would like to contact a local lender in Central Florida I would recommend Jason Gonzlaez, you can find his contact information at the following web address:
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 2, 2014
Rob Bachtold answered:
Gregory there are some but they go fast call me at 904-460-8270 so I can look into what you are looking for in a home. Thanks!
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Aug 24, 2012
Charles Chorman answered:
Have to echo the response from Danielle. Mortgages are even difficult with 720 scores. Would recommend that you pull your respective credit reports and make sure what is on them is accurate. Once you clean up your reports then start working on improving the scores. Right now the best avenue possibly to investigate once the scores come up is FHA as they won't look so harshly on the short sale.

Keep focused on your dream and don't lose hope.

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 7, 2009
thelendingteam answered:
Aliciap, Probably the best way to find out is to use the USDA website. teh lonk is listed below

You can put in zip codes and it will give you a map. You can then move the map around and zoom in and out to find areas and specific properties.

We are experts with the USDA 502 program and would like to help.

Please give me a call if you have any questions,

Andrew Kashella
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Buying in Fleming Island Zip Codes