Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Fleming Island : Real Estate Advice

  • All27
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 35
Thu Jan 26, 2017
Alysse Musgrave answered:
When you want to buy a home, hire an Exclusive Buyer's Agent to represent you, not a regular buyer's agent. EBAs represent homebuyers only, so there is no conflict of interest to jeopardize your negotiating position. Contact for a referral to an EBA who will give you valuable advice, not a sales pitch.

Buying a Home? Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You! Follow the link below.

Alysse Musgrave
Consumer Advocate/
Exclusive Buyer Broker

Best selling author of Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jul 28, 2016
Hberberi asked:
I am in process of closing and need a home inspection. Should i contact the county's property inspection division or go with a private company.Property is located in clay county florids
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 20, 2016
Sunjen1 asked:
My house was foreclosed because of a claim of homeowners association for unpaid fees. The house has a bank mortgage. The county then sold it to the best bidder. A company bought it. 2 years…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 12, 2016
Christine answered:
Who is responsible for paying the capacity and admin fees on the utility bill. Homeowner or tenant?
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 13, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
Not very often. Your #1 source of info should be your Realtor who has access to your local MLS. That has the most updated info on sold homes.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Feb 5, 2016
Ajbradbury asked:
Please advise financial, visa and residency constraints for us moving to live in Florida permanently. We have friends (who we visit regularly) in Fleming Island. Please advise 1 month rental…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 21, 2015
Neil Avery asked:
I'm an assistant to agent Neil Avery. He has the listing 1813 Lakeshore Dr. N. Fleming Island, FL. 32003. When typing in ( Fleming Island, Waterfront) in the search engine, the listing…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 21, 2015
Brian Klidies answered:
Are you looking for rentals or purchase? I had this issue with a past buyer. She wanted to buy a home and we found a few HOAs that did not forbid pitbulls but she needed to finance the home which required homeowner's insurance. Florida insurance companies do not want to insure a home with a, as they put it, "dangerous breed" in the home. Eventually we talked to an agent with Brightway Insurance who found her a company who would write a policy. It did cost about $200 more a year for the added risk to them. I was told the banned breeds are equivalent with a trampoline. Both are red flags in Florida. I thought that was funny.

Many condo associations and rental complexes can not allow those "banned breeds" because their insurance company will drop them if they find out there is one present.

The best thing to do would be to call each complex and ask if they allow certain breeds.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Dec 5, 2014
Brian Klidies answered:
Hi Deanne,

The long and the short of it is that although Lighthouse at Fleming Island is very close in proximity. People who live in Fleming Island Plantation pay both CDD fees and HOA dues which cost them about $150-200/month extra.

The golf course is open to the public and is not exclusive to FIP residents. I live on Fleming Island and golf there quite a bit but I do not live in FIP.

I hope this helps answer you question. With how low interest rates are currently, you may be surprised to learn that there are some homes in FIP that would have mortgage payment comparable to what it costs to rent. I could help you find something if you ever become interested.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 9, 2014
Brian Klidies answered:
Hi Diane,

Did you ever get this issue resolved? I would definitely report them to the Harbor Island Home Owner Association. I can relate to some neighbors being inconsiderate. I really think the HOA could solve your problem. There might be restriction or covenant about the number of cars and where they are parked.

Best of luck handling this.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 9, 2014
Brian Klidies answered:
Because you're asking about 100% financing, I am assuming you are referring to an End Loan vice a Perm Loan which is conventional and requires 20% down. I'm also assuming that you will hire a professional builder to build the home.

The end loans are a type of loan where the Buyer’s loan takes effect at the end of the building process, when the closing takes place and the buyer moves in. Most new construction loans are end loans. They can be FHA, VA, USDA, or conventional. Expect a deposit of $5000 or more to begin construction on a new home, even if it will be refunded later in the case of VA or USDA financing.

The builder or GC you use should have preferred lenders they can recommend. What you need to have before you even approach a bank is: Contract for lot, Blueprints, Construction cost estimates, and Qualifications of the builder/GC (General Contractor)

The rest of the things you need to bring is the same as with any other type of loan. Have your personal (and/or business) tax returns and all other appropriate financial statements they request like pay stubs, statements, etc.

Long explanation just to say, that you should ask your general contractor or the builder you are going to use.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jul 3, 2014
Mark Hite Jr answered:
If you are looking in Central Florida please contact me at 321-948-7680 and I would be happy to help. As the other Agents have stated the first item of business is to obtain a pre approval from a lender. If you would like to contact a local lender in Central Florida I would recommend Jason Gonzlaez, you can find his contact information at the following web address:
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 2, 2014
Rob Bachtold answered:
Gregory there are some but they go fast call me at 904-460-8270 so I can look into what you are looking for in a home. Thanks!
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jun 15, 2014
June Dornsife answered:
Hello to you too! I'd be happy to assist you in finding your temporary home before you purchase next year. That is exactly what I did when I moved to Fleming Island 8 years ago. I can send you a current list of what is available and we can start an active search in preparation. Will schools be of concern for you? What features are you looking for in a home? Let's talk!
Feel free to give a call at 904-327-6339. June
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 6, 2014
missesther answered:
Our home is in the recreational area of Eagle Harbor, Fleming Island.

Eagle Harbor is in Clay County offering excellent/preferred schools.

The amenities are three swimming pools, 12 tennis courts and a golf course.

How long will you need rental space?

You can visit our home on Craigslist, Jacksonville, Fl--1691 Rustling Drive, Fleming Island
904 445 1732
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 30, 2013
Joseph Tarver answered:
Hi Andres,
I am a Military friendly real estate professional with Watson Realty Corp. I assist families searching in Fleming Island and Orange Park. Contact me before starting your HH leave to get started. Your hunt should be short, so you can enjoy sightseeing with family.

Joseph Tarver, Realtor
United States Navy Retired
Watson Realty Corp
Oakleaf Office
Jacksonville, Florida 32222
Text: (904) 571-3041
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 25, 2013
Joseph Tarver answered:
Hi Lisa,
I am local and provide complete real estate services to families in Fleming Island and Orang Park. Watson Realty has offices in both locations. It would be exciting to show you each area. Also, if other areas become of interest to you, I am dedicated to your seach. View my web page for current listed homes and to get started with your search. Email I am ready to assist and hope to help you soon.
Joseph Tarver II, USN, Retired
Watson Realty Corp
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 11, 2013
Curly Sue answered:
Lexus costs more than Toyota, but they're both cars...
You could spend $84/ could spent $384/foot or more...
Interview several builders & figure out what you want to build.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Fleming Island Zip Codes