Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Flathead County : Real Estate Advice

  • All1
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 14
Mon Jul 3, 2017
Ryan Beavers asked:
Hi there,
My home has been listed for the last month and suddenly it's disappeared! Can someone fix this asap???! it's listed on Zillow still (although my pics on Zillow just…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue May 3, 2016
Drew Schwehr asked:
Sun Jun 1, 2014
Sharon Felton answered:
When you talk to the Realtor(R), make sure you ask him/her about this very issue. Commissions are, by nature, negotiable. Getting your home sold for the right price and promptly is much more valuable than the amount you will be asked to shoulder for commissions. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 26, 2012
Donna Johnson answered:
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jun 26, 2012
Donna Johnson answered:
My response to Bill is then why do MLS allow us to list time shares and fractional ownerships.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 27, 2012
Robert Nadvornick answered:
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 2, 2012
Dan Tabit answered:
I looked up the IRS site to be certain, here is their response and a link to the site to check for yourself.

Principal Private Residence

If you sell your house, including grounds of up to one acre (0.4047 hectares) and the house has been occupied as your sole or main residence throughout your period of ownership, you may be entitled to full Principal Private Residence relief (PPR relief) and therefore exempt from Capital Gains Tax on the sale. PPR relief is available to all vendors selling their home, there are a number of conditions for the relief but age is not one of them. This relief may be reduced where the home has also been used for business purposes or is being sold as development land. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Nov 22, 2010
Donna Johnson answered:
NorthWest Montana Association of Realtors has a website when you are listing with an agent. Some agencies such as Keller Williams Realty NW MT will post to 200+ other sites as well e.g. google, trulia, craigslist, homefinder, etc. There are some websites that also allow the homeowner to post such as, etc. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 22, 2010
Donna Johnson answered:
Disclose, Disclose, Disclose. Make sure you mention it in the Sellers Disclosure Sheet that room does not have legal egress and Ask your agent to put it in the public remarks so that anyone looking can see the information that 3rd bedroom does not have legal egress. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 14, 2009
Hollis Carbo asked:
Wed Feb 13, 2008
Keith Sorem answered:
I agree, I would rent it out. If you are considering buying in your new town a short sale would not be a good idea. Discuss with your lender re-negotiating the loan. Due to the hardship of your husband's job change you might have a good shot.

You might want to read my blog.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Selling in Popular Cities in Flathead County