which morgage companies do FHA loans in Hunstsville tx area

Asked by Blyockey, Huntsville, TX Tue Jan 26, 2010

Answers

6
, ,
Wed Jan 27, 2010
Hi Blyockey,

I can not stress this enough to you: do not follow Rudy's recommendation to use lending tree. The lender is charged a substantial amount of money to buy leads from lending tree and consequently that cost is passed on to the you the consumer. I worked for a very large mortgage bank that used LT leads and witnessed the fees passed on to the consumer first hand.
Barbara Coll…, Agent, Huntsville, TX
Wed Jan 27, 2010
EVERY MORTGAGE COMPANY WILL DO FHA'S BUT THERE ARE REQUIREMENTS. IS THE PROPERTY YOUR LOOKING TO FINANCE A MANUFACTORED OR STICK-BUILT HOME? THE PEOPLE I WORK WITH REQUIRE CREDIT SCORES TO BE FROM 600 TO 640.
THANK YOU,
BARBARA COLLINS
WERNER REALTY
936-662-7416
http://www.har.com/barbaracollins
, ,
Wed Jan 27, 2010
Let me clarify:

I said use lending tree to solely get a quality rating on the service the lenders local and/or licensed in your area provide. Not necessarily to go through them for financing. With regards to the additional fee, lets be honest, especially since I use to work for a broker, and then a direct lender with a lending tree dept, that charge is typically 200-500 hundreds. No more than what a local broker who is originating its loan through a direct lender would charge. And, again, I only recommend this is if you are not working with a knowledgeable and experience enough realtor to refer you to a lender.
Sera Smith, , Plano, TX
Wed Jan 27, 2010
There is no reason for anyone not to work an FHA loan in the Huntsville area. I work with several lenders and have several options for anyone, including a FICO score below 640. I know the Texas laws and work strictly in Texas. If I can be of service to you, let me know. Who ever you may choose, be careful. You may qualify for a different type of mortgage that banks can not do if it is in a rural area.

Sera Smith
Loan Officer
Bluesky Lending
214-405-7264
ssmith@1bluesky.com
Texas Banker, , Houston, TX
Wed Jan 27, 2010
I would suggest working with a good reputable bank.

Lending tree is not a bank, they generate and resell leads. Who they resell leads to is a roll of the dice.

My bank is a FHA approved lender I will be glad to help.

Couple of Major changes coming down the pipeline: Just FYI

If you are planning on using FHA, time is of the essence not only the tax incentives are going away; the mortgage insurance premiums are going up by almost 30% in April, and the allowed seller contributions will be cut in half.

I sincerely hope we can work together.

Erik Konar
Mortgage Banker
ekonar@patriotbankusa.com
Office: 281-583-0674 Fax: 713-400-8915
, ,
Tue Jan 26, 2010
Hi, Blyockey

If you're working with a realtor, they should be able to direct you to someone reputable. Especially if that realtor has been one long enough to have worked with a number of different loan officers/lenders in the past. The next best bet would be to go online to Lendingtree.com. Those lenders/brokers are prescreened Lendingtree and rated by customers in accordance to each lenders individual customer service, rates, and fees peformance. Remember: location and size is not the key consideration here. Simply because a lender is local or a large bank/broker, that does not mean you're going to get the best rate or overall service. Choose wisely. Hope this helps.