what is VA loan basic entitlement ?

Asked by Nancy Smith, 11412 Tue Jun 9, 2009

Answers

3
realestate_l…, Agent, Fresh Meadows, NY
Fri Jul 22, 2011
And I want to add to Rons comment make sure they are designated as your buyer agent or they will automatically represent the seller or be impartial as a dual agent. Ask them to represent you as a buyer agent and clarify this with a disclosure agreement, it is the best way to insure an agents loyalty and confidentiality. Only do this when you are ready to buy and commit to purchase,not while just looking.If you want to just look Some agents like myself have special acounts they can give you free ,where you can search just like a Realtor and have listings delivered as they come on the market.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Fri Jul 22, 2011
Nancy;
First of all, let me say THANK YOU for serving.
I was in the Navy during Viet Nam, and NO ONE said that to me! It was an honor and a privilege, and I've never regretted it.

Now; please go in to your VA office and talk to them. They really want to help and they can guide you about a lot of things. Next, get a Realtor to help you, he won't cost you anything, they ar paid by the Seller, but you need your own representation.

Good luck and may God bless
realestate_l…, Agent, Fresh Meadows, NY
Fri Jul 22, 2011
VA loan entitlement is the basic amount for which the VA will insure or guarantee a loan. Entitlements are based on service member's income, and most lenders will lend up to four times the amount of the total entitlement. The standard entitlement is $36,000. However, entitlements can be as high as $60,000