Financing in 55037>Question Details

Littlewolf21…, Home Buyer in

what happens when u buy 10 acres of land with a modular home and they cant find title home can they get a duplicate?

Asked by, Fri Jan 18, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 55037

Help the community by answering this question:


Based on your question I believe you may have a Modular Home confused with a Manufactured Home. A Manufactured Home has a Title similar to a vehicle and you can get a duplicate title from the Department of Motor Vehicles. A modular home is a wood frame building constructed in a controlled environment and shipped to the building site in sections....not necessarily in two sections....possibly more. The difference has to do with the frame under the Manufactured home which makes it a "transportable" structure and could possibly moved to another location. If you have a manufactured home you can easily get a duplicate title. There is not a title for a modular home. Let me know if I can answer any further questions you may have.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 6, 2013
Hi Littlewolf218, Consult a title company.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 19, 2013
You are right in asking these questions. You need a professional Realtor and a top notch title company to help you through this transaction. This is not impossible. I know a title company who may enjoy the challenge. Please call if you have questions. Thank you.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 19, 2013
Modular homes are titled differently; you may also be having difficulty due to the way the land may have been subdivided. I have found that when land is sold off, the legal description for a piece of subdivided land may not be recorded when separated. Usually the legal abstract for a property is held in the country files and the county property and tax division should be able to find the title of reconstruct or even make a new title if required. I am reminded of a property I sold a few years ago where the family had homesteaded the original property and it had passed down through inheritance. In addition, the original home had been made into a duplex and two trailer homes had been put on the land and an acre lot each had been sold. SO, here comes Lizzie the Lister. lists and sells the property. Now, how do I close it? Title searches showed only the original homestead. Fortunately, I found a lady in the basement of the county courthouse who did the work for only a few hundred dollars. Do not despair! If you have an agent, he or she will help you and if you are seeking a mortgage, your lender will be part of the solution. If you are buying on a contract for deed. I would suggest doing a title search prior to purchase. If you need any more specific suggestions, give me a call. Liz at 612-986-4105
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 18, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Minnesota > Pine County > Hinckley > 55037 > Financing in 55037 > Question
Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer