what financing is available for past bad credit in Georgia?

Asked by Misty, Barnesville, GA Tue May 13, 2008

in 2002 I had some credit cards, forclosure, and 2nd mortgage delinquent on my credit report. I have since then
went to college and have a good job/income as a registered nurse my credit score at this time is 580. Is there any financing of lease to own or owner financing available in Georgia if no financing help is available for bad credit.

Answers

3
Trey Bowden, , Edmond, OK
Tue May 13, 2008
Misty,

I am a mortgage broker in Oklahoma. The guidelines for financing borrowers with rough credit history are similar throughout the country.

At the present time the minumum score for conforming financing is 580. With this score you will be required to have (most likely) a 5% down payment.

FHA is a government backed loan and is not credit score driven. At the same time, any borrower with a 580 or below will require their file to be manually underwritten. Also the minium down payment for FHA is 3%.

Jim (first to answer) gave you some good advice when he told you to talk with a mortgage banker as well as a mortgage broker. The best advice I have is to contact a couple of people you know and trust and ask them who they would speak with if they were in the market for a new mortgage.

Trey Bowden
(405) 340-3277
Jim Johnson, , 78233
Tue May 13, 2008
You should talk to a lender. Asking this question here will only only provide you with a lot of second-hand info. Make sure you talk to a mortgage broker as well as your bank.
James Dudley, Agent, Suwanee, GA
Tue May 13, 2008
Misty,

I have a mortgage broker here in Georgia that would be able to assist you and help you get on the right track to getting your own home.

Contact:
Hometown Mortgage
Jim Harvey
http://www.askjimharvey.com

Be sure to tell him James Dudley sent you!