Financing in 92629>Question Details

azamdiniazad, Home Buyer in Laguna Niguel, CA

what does mean mortgage?

Asked by azamdiniazad, Laguna Niguel, CA Wed Mar 28, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 92629

A mortgage is a document that is recorded in the county clerk’s office that tells the world that the property has been pledged for a debt. The actual debt instrument is a note which is not recorded with the mortgage. The mortgage is evidence that a note, the debt instrument, exists.

It means someone borrowed money and put up a piece of real estate as collateral for the loan.
Here you go: Mortgage - Document creating a lien on a property as security for the payment of a debt.

Visit my website at:, and you can click on the "Glossary" tab for any questions you may have on any Real Estate terminology. You can also see the information for Buyer or Seller. Refer anyone else you know that also has questions to my site. You and anyone you refer can also have access to thousands of listings.

Who do you know that is looking to buy or sell a home in the next 7-10 days that I can help?
Referrals are greatly appreciated!
Humbly yours,
Leah Friedline
I am willing to help you answer your question "what does mean mortgage?" We have a team of experts that can help you through the process of applying for a mortgage and purchasing a home - The Tenley and Cam Team at Keller Williams San Clemente - 949-391-7458
You really need to get started here ... Http://

Tell them
Web Reference:
A loan. You are borrowing money to buy a house. Would you like a mortgage? Are you buying a house?