what about a first time buyers loan???

Asked by Jenipoo127, Senoia, GA Wed Jan 12, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Keane Ng, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Renton, WA
Wed Jan 12, 2011
I couldn't find the authority that manages it (Probably still the DCA) but be sure to ask about Mortgage Credit Certificates. This is a tax credit that gives you huge tax breaks each year you own the home. This is also only for first time buyers.
0 votes
Keane Ng, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Renton, WA
Wed Jan 12, 2011

I just did some research for you and here are some programs.

Every local government agency regulates different housing program.s. Some are on city level but most states have a major housing authority that runs these programs. In Georgia, it's the Georgia Department of Community Affairs (DCA).

They have a loan program Georgia Dream. It's a special program that can be combined with different down payment assistance programs. They have a standard down payment assistnace program but also have special programs for disabled, a program for nurses/law enforcement/fire fighters and another program for buying a home in a flood revitalization area.

Here's a link to the Gorgia DCA website for homebuyer programs. Be sure to look for a lender who specializes in these.

0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more