Argentinegir…, Home Buyer in 33709

we live in texas, and are planning on moving to florida the early part of 2012. and is the credit score the same across the board of all states ?

Asked by Argentinegirl01, 33709 Tue Jul 12, 2011

Answers

7
Pamela Cohn, Agent, Clearwater, FL
Tue Jul 12, 2011
Hi Argentinegirl01,

Credit scores are done by 3 main companies and the lender will average or use the lowest. You don't want to keep pulling your credit score or it will actually lower it. As many have already said you will want to check with local lenders to see what programs they have available and also to make sure they are licensed in Florida.

Now it a good time to begin interviewing agents to work with. I agree with Martha, find one you are comfortable with and who knows the areas you want to look in. They can give you some lenders to check out for rates and services. If you have already had your credit pulled, get a copy of the score, which they should give you and you can tell the lender here so that you can get an idea of what price range you are comfortable with and how much mortgage money that will buy you. Remember to have them include not just principle and interest but also taxes and insurance since most lenders will include this in your monthly payment. Depending on what you are looking at you may need to include a condo or HOA fee.

While you are browsing on line I have a free service called “Listingbook”, which I provide for my clients. It is like a back door into the MLS, which updates daily: new listings, price changes, solds & withdrawn listings, allowing you to really be able to follow and learn the market. I set up a basic search according to your guidelines. Once you are in, you can change the parameters as you need. If this is something you would be interested in let me know & I would be glad to set up your free Listingbook Account.

When you visit the Tampa Bay area, I also have a free automated service called CITY (Curbside Info to You) available 24/7. I issue you a number you can call in on ANY Real Estate For Sale sign and it reads the MLS information to you from the street address for all ACTIVE MLS listings. If this would be helpful let me know. I just need your cell phone and an email to register it. If you want to put it on multiple phones, I can put up to three numbers on one user. Just send the numbers you want added. I will email you the number you call in on to get the information. Put it in your favorites for quick access when you are driving around. I use it all the time.

I feel an informed client makes the best decisions regarding their real estate needs. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Pam Cohn
Broker Associate, GRI, SFR, NHS
Real Estate Consulting, Marketing & Sales
Prudential Tropical Realty
2539 Countryside Blvd #3 Clearwater, FL 33761
pcohn@prutropical.com
727-204-7155
Antonio Vega…, Agent, Saint Cloud, FL
Tue Jul 12, 2011
Credit scores are the same, since they are computer by the 3 national companies. But lenders can be localized, which means that lenders in Florida may be able to offer you different loan programs than those available in Texas for people with the same score. So get pre-qualified by one or more local lenders once you move.

Tony Vega
Charles Rutenberg Realty
Steve Vinson, , Florida
Tue Jul 12, 2011
Yes it is. We utilize all three credit bureau's, then use the middle score. If you only have 2 scores you will be using the lowest of the two, (exampale..690 and 620 the usable score will be 620. However, before you go pull your credit with one of those over the counter places, just understand there may be a difference between what score they give you, vs. a mortgage credit report. Reason is, sometimes the software version they use may not be the most up to date. We use to play that game between credit providers, one would give us a higher score than the other, and the only difference was the software version.
Doug Bevis, Agent, Beach, ND
Tue Jul 12, 2011
As has been mentioned there are 3 different credit scores and I work with a mortage company that works with over 20 lenders. I show out on Clearwater Beach often and there are some good deals in all price ranges. I would be glad to discuss your needs and refine a search profile for you that will zero in on what you are looking for in a condo/home. Below is a link that is kind of a snapshot of what is currently on the market in various price ranges. Feel free to contact me anytime.

Doug Bevis
Advanta Realty
Top Producer
2011 Million Dollar Club
Cell Number: 813-310-4454
Fax Number:800-291-6123
dbevis@advantarealty.com
dbevis.advantarealty.com
Martha Matth…, Agent, Belleair, FL
Tue Jul 12, 2011
There are 3 different companies that provide credit scores and which one is used depends on the lender. Best practice is to talk to a lender and get preapproved. This is usually possible by phone. Your Realtor should be able to provide you with at least 3 names to contact to discuss rates and programs available for you. All lenders must be approved to lend in FL so your local lender may not qualifiy. Ask the lenders about the wisdom of pulling your credit now vs waiting.

By selecting 1 Realtor to represent you you will be able to have the latest market information and education about the difference between Texas real estate and Florida real estate. Seems like every state has different quirks to the buying and taxation process. Now is the time to start learning our market. It will help you understand what a good buy is when you are ready to write your offer.

Martha
Jose Morales, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Lutz, FL
Tue Jul 12, 2011
Yes. One of the first things you should do before moving to Florida is get pre-approved. That way not only will you know what your scores are but how much you qualify for. We can help you with that. We can also make available to you our buyers education program where you will learn everything about credit reports, closing costs, do's and don'ts during the process, inspections and a lot more. Call or email us for details.

Jose Morales
Florida Mortgage Coach
“We Coach You Through the Mortgage Process”
561-432-9237
info@floridamortgagecoach.com
Kevin Clouti…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Tue Jul 12, 2011
Yes, it is. However, options that you have available vary based upon who you may be dealing with as a lender.

I would be happy to assist you with that and an MLS property search for the greater SW Florida area of Lee, Charlotte and Collier counties.

Just e-mail me back at kevin@kevincloutier.com and let me know what your looking for and I will tell you what I can do!

Kevin Cloutier
Southern Premier Realty
1716 Cape Coral Pkwy W
Cape Coral, FL 33914
1.877.840.3413 Toll Fee Real Estate Hotline
Web Reference:  http://www.kevincloutier.com