we are looking at buying in florida how do we finance the home, we have a deposit and live in the uk, with

Asked by Kevin, International Commerce Center, Laredo, TX Mon Aug 31, 2009

the idea of immergrating to usa, when we can find a job? we are looking in orlando at around £200,000 we do not have a itin number either?

Answers

20
Mark LeMenag…, Agent, Lake Nona Orlando, FL
Sun Nov 15, 2009
To Just Me,

Rather clearly there are millions of people here who completely and totally disagree with you. Sorry, you don't like it here, but land safety and float away. Be real. What possible source do you have for such an outrageous statement?

Kevin, look forward to meeting you one day soon. You'll love Celebration.
I agree. Just Me needs to behave themselves
Flag Fri Sep 20, 2013
Tobias Kaiser…, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Tue Sep 1, 2009
Kevin,

first, I should say that estate agents in the US are not allowed under any circumstances to give any legal advice, since we are not educated or licensed as solicitors.

That said, Harry’s comment is probably the most important of all of the ten answers - buying any single residential property - house or flat - will not help you with immigration at all. Please do not believe anyone who tries to convince you otherwise.

Loans are available to foreigners, but the conditions have gotten quite a bit harder.

What I would do, in this sequence:
1) speak with a (recommended!) US immigration attorney to lay out the possible path.
2) establish contact with an estate agent in the area you are looking at who’s trained in working with international buyers (please contact me for recommendations for the Orlando area; I personally do not work there).
3) that estate agent can advice you about lenders as well

All the best, and please let me know how I can help you,

Tobias Kaiser, MS, CIPS
Greater Fort Lauderdale Real Estate Broker + Consultant
Certified International Property Specialist
Bernard Scar…, Agent, Kissimmee, FL
Mon Nov 18, 2013
Hello Kevin,

I have sent you an email in the past to answer your questions about finding help with getting an ITIN number. I specialize in the Kissimmee Orlando area of Florida. I am sure I can help you find a property. If you would like to contact me this is my contact information.

Moving to the states can be done. You just need to go throught the right steps. Having a job would be one of the first steps. I can give you a contact person that will help you when you are ready. As far as getting an ITIN number, below is the contact person you will need to speak with.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Harding And Associates CPA Susan Harding susan.harding@hardingtax.com 863-968-1010

Thank you
Bernard Scarpa
American Ideal Homes, LLC servicing all of your Florida Real Estate Needs.
Specializing in Income producing properties
Disney Florida Vacation Property Investment Specialist
Resort and Second Home Property Specialist
Primary Residence Specialist
Relocation Specialist
Short Term Rental Home Specialist
Short Sale and Foreclosure Resource
Certified SHORT SALE Expert
Office Hours are 7 days a week
9:00 Am to 9:00 PM EST
Cell # 407-572-3022
Fax # 407-957-5843

btscarpa@aol.com
Web site: http://www.centralfloridarealty.info
View my reviews on my web site
Mon Sep 23, 2013
Wow, this is a first, a questioner who is still following his 4 year old post. Kevin, you must have joined ASDA when you first asked this.

Well the good news is yes, it's possible and I agree with Bernie about Susan Harding as a person to go to.

Sorry, the bad news is that the recession is long over and prices have gone up more than 50% (that's fifty) since the beginning of 2011 and they are expected to go up another 18% by the end of next year.

When you finally make it over here, I'd be happy to help.
Kevin, Home Buyer, International Commerce Center, Laredo, TX
Mon Sep 23, 2013
I also work as a manager in asda in the uk which is owned by wal mart so a transfer could b on the cards been with them nearly 4 years.
Karyn Smith, Agent, Champions Gate, FL
Fri Sep 20, 2013

I moved from the UK 10 years ago so please feel free to contact me for my "Buying in the USA" pack if you would like it goes through the differences between here and home. I would also be happy to share my experiences of visas and moving :-)

Feel free to call me 321 939 7671
or e-mail me at Karyn@CelebrationAgent.com
Daniel Young, Agent, Celebration, FL
Fri Sep 20, 2013
Hello Kevin,

Please feel free to contact me. I am a local Realtor and I work closely conjunction with Gulati Law, an experienced and reliable Immigration Attorney. Myself and Attorney Gulati are ex-pats ourselves and I would very much welcome the opportunity to assist you with your relocation also.

Do not hesitate to contact me but best of luck for the future irregardless.

Daniel
Bernard Scar…, Agent, Kissimmee, FL
Tue Sep 17, 2013
Hello Kevin,

Thank you
Bernard Scarpa
Primary Residence Specialist
Relocation Specialist
Office Hours are 7 days a week
9:00 Am to 9:00 PM EST
Cell # 407-572-3022
btscarpa@aol.com
Jim Malak, Agent, Celebration, FL
Wed Nov 18, 2009
Kevin
I am in the kissimmee market and know a couple of sources who still do have conduits that finance Foreign Nationals. It is definetly harder than it used to be but still possible. In regards to immigrating by buying a property, I am not sure that is feasible, but I have know people who have bought property management business and your property could be a part of it - who were from uk and were able to get an immigrant visa.

Jim Malak
Specialist in vacation home sales in Orlando.
Web Reference:  http://www.disneycondo.com
Just Me, , Orlando, FL
Thu Nov 12, 2009
Instead of researching for financial information; research for land safety, construction, population, services;etc,etc,etc... Don't even think about buying, investing and or moving to Florida. There is nothing in here!!! Nothing gets sold. There is no jobs!!! Florida is built on top of water. Therefore, your home will be floating at one point down the road. The water is terrible for your health. Please go some place else and do not move here because of the weather... too hot, anyways, Good luck!!!!!!!!!
Carla Rayman, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Mon Aug 31, 2009
Bank of America is one of many banks including small local lenders who are offering great terms. Review all your options and conditions with not only lenders but agents, attorneys, etc.

Good luck with your research and do not hesitate to contact an international property specialist to assist you with the process.

Cheers,
Carla Rayman
Director of International Business Development
Prudential Palms Realty
http://www.YourGlobalAgents.com
+1 941 724 0519
Carla@CarlaRayman.com
Karyn Smith, Agent, Champions Gate, FL
Mon Aug 31, 2009
You can still get financing as a Uk buyer you have to go to a lender like Bank of America
Karen Wantuck, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Mon Aug 31, 2009
Contact me directly at my email address, Kevin, and I will put you in touch with my British buyers. They have a home in Kissimmee and are building a new home in Sarasota.

Additionally, if you buy through Coldwell Banker, you can talk for free to SunBelt Lending and see if you can get financing here.
Harry Ashley, Agent, Palm Coast, FL
Mon Aug 31, 2009
Hi Kevin,

I am English and have been living in the US for 13 years now. The last thing you need to be doing is buying a house before you are anywhere near immigrating, I have seen many UK citiizens come over here, buy a home and then cannot get a Visa.

Regards

Harry Ashley
Broker Associate
Hawk Beach Realty
2 Jungle Hut Rd,
Palm Coast, Fl, 32137
Cell: (386)-931-6054
Fax: (866)-793-2579
harry@palmcoastrealestate-fl.com
http://www.palmcoastrealestate-fl.com
Carla Rayman, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Mon Aug 31, 2009
Dear Kevin,

Yes, you can get a loan and I will happily let you speak to the numerous lenders who are still financing our international clients.
Bill, it appears you've not been given good information and I would be happy to speak to you, as well.

Carla Rayman
Prudential Palms Realty
Sarasota, Florida
http://www.YourGlobalAgents.com
, ,
Mon Aug 31, 2009
You cannot obtain financing for mortgage in the U.S. as foreign nationals anymore. You should get settled into a rental property, find a job, feel good about where you live and then buy a home. Hopefully by then, lending restrictions will loosen up and allow foreign nationals to borrower money. The old rules were 25% down with an international credit report. You do not need a social security number to buy a house through FHA, however, a bank may not finance you. So, it would be better to get your visa, social security number, employment and then a house. Or, pay cash.
Carla Rayman, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Mon Aug 31, 2009
Dear Kevin,

As a non-US resident, it is key that you work with a real estate agent who has a team of professionals to suit all your needs. Depending on how you wish to use the property, how long you wish to stay in the USA, etc. are all important factors.
You do not need an ITIN unless you plan on renting the property. Your first step should be to speak to an immigration attorney and tax advisor. I will be happy to refer you to ones that assist our British clients.
Our international division specializes in assisting non-US residents purchase real estate properly in the United States. I would be happy to discuss with you key factors such as immigration, finance, tax, currency exchange, visa options, etc. We will also be in the UK in October doing seminars about this process and would be happy to meet with you face-to-face.

Please contact me at +1 941 724 0519 or Carla@CarlaRayman.com

Carla Rayman
Prudential Palms Realty
Sarasota, Florida
Michael Murr…, , New Jersey
Mon Aug 31, 2009
Great, I think Karyn's offer to send you a package regarding a visa is wonderful. Options regarding you financing are what type of mortgage you are looking for fixed or variable? How much of a deposit are you looking to put down? Look for 20 to 30%. What type of work permit will you be a getting? Once you have reviewed Karyn's information and have financing questions I can help, mike@murray4money.com
Karyn Smith, Agent, Champions Gate, FL
Mon Aug 31, 2009
Unfortunately you need a visa to work in the USA and there are very limited ways of going about this. Happy to send you information on visa just e-mail me. I immigrated here 7 years ago from the UK and can answer questions you may have.

With regard to buying in Florida again I have put together a pack for UK buyers that goes through the differences between buing in the US and home. karyn@searchfloridahome.com
Mon Aug 31, 2009
Hi Kevin,

Celebration and the communities around it are very popular with British citizens. In fact, we have British tenants in one of the properties we own in Celebration. Financing for foreign nationals will always come down to how much cash you are willing to put into the property. Expect 20 to 25% to be the minimum down payment. Our sister company, town and County Mortgage is experienced working with foreign nationals. Let me know if you'd like me to put them in contact with you.

Check out my website and if you like my approach to real estate, then I'd be happy to help you search in the Celebration area.

Good luck with your search,
Mark LeMenager
Weichert, Realtors - Hallmark Properties