Newbietx, Home Owner in Roseville, CA

score over 700. Property Value $135K Asking 99K approved for 80K wanting to get 2nd mortgage at same time as first for 19k.

Asked by Newbietx, Roseville, CA Mon Feb 20, 2012

Can I do this? What banks will allow this?
2nd Home/Investment property

Answers

5
Robert Chome…, , San Diego, CA
Tue Feb 21, 2012
There a no second mortgages in this market that go above 80% loan-to-value and no 2nd mortgages at all for investors.
Bob Bloom, Agent, Roseville, CA
Tue Feb 21, 2012
I think Jim is pretty right on this one... It sounds like you are looking for an investment property and you are approved at $80k?! if that is the case, one other thing you could do is partner up with a friend or family member to get the property and then flip it and make some money that you can use on your next one. Good luck!!
Robert Chome…, , San Diego, CA
Sun Mar 11, 2012
Second mortgages over 80% LTV went away at the beginning of the housing bust on Jan 1 2008. Best chance for lower down is a 3% down conventional loan or a 3.5% down FHA loan.
Jeff Marr, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Roseville, CA
Sun Mar 11, 2012
Newbietx - 80% is still the max loan to value ratio for investment properties (and I seriously doubt your subject property wil qualify as a 2nd home).....

You could get by with only 10% down if the property is Homepath approved though, just go onto Homepath.com to search for those properties....

Jeff Marr
Alpine Mortgage
Jim Walker, Agent, Carmichael, CA
Mon Feb 20, 2012
Almost all banks keep their loan to value requirements as a ratio of the lower value of either the purchase price or the appraisal. The $80,000 bank approval might not allow more borrowed money to be your source of down payment.
100% investor financing is possible mainly through private investors that already know you, rather than through federally insured institutions.

So I will rephrase your question: " Can Newbietx as a non occupant buyer borrow 100% to purchase property."
Look for a private loan instead of a bank loans; but I am not currently a loan officer, so there may be some lender that does this type of high risk loan.