The other agents are correct that 20% down in the $1M range is requisite. However, there may be a way around it, since you and your husband are qualified.
Many sellers are willing to do a "carry-back". What is a carry-back? It's basically a 2nd mortgage where the seller augments your 10% down payment with 10% of their own.
Let's say you buy a $1M property. You put down $100,000 of your own money as a down payment and the seller loans you $100,000 on terms that you all agree to. There's your 20%. The bank gives you the remainder 80% and you're in.
Seller carry-backs are common, especially during time periods where qualified buyers such as yourself have trouble getting into a home they can clearly afford. In the 1980's, interest rates were so high that it was virtually impossible for buyers to get in, so seller carry-backs were the norm.
The other alternative is to do as Jed said and keep saving until you have the 20% yourself. Keep in mind however, that if interest rates go up just 1% on a $1M property, that decreases your purchasing power by $103,000! With rates as low as they are right now, it may be worth getting in while you can and finding a property that you not only love, but where the seller can do a carry-back for you.
Call or email me if you need further assistance. These carry-backs are out there and I'm here to tell you that with a little creativity it can be done!