Question removed

Asked by Confused, Virginia Beach County, VA Thu Jan 22, 2009

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

4
Jo, , Virginia Beach, VA
Sat Jan 24, 2009
Unfortunately no money needed to change hands (he was 10k in arrears in child support). So my lawyer transferred the deed and I did an assumption of the loan due to the cost for refi and not being able to get a better rate at the time. So I am figuring I am just hosed. Not much I can do other than pay it off. Thanks.
Confused
Vicky Chrisn…, Agent, Purcellvile, VA
Sat Jan 24, 2009
Confused... good name, me too. When you bought your husband out, did you refi at that time? How was it handled? If you did refi, then there should have been a title search at that time, and HOPEFULLY you purchased title insurance? If you did, then the contact the title insurance company, this sounds like something they'd deal with.
Confused, , Virginia Beach County, VA
Thu Jan 22, 2009
That is the problem they do not want to "negotiate" they want me to pay off the loan that now has grow to 14k! They had the audacity to tell me "you have enough equity to cover it"! Not the point here!
If I did not know this slime ball (my ex) and had purchased the house and later found this UCC, how would I go about getting it removed when the collection's company will not talk to me? Would you want someone else negotiating 14k for you? I want to pay the least amount of money possible they want the house to go to closing so they get paid. I am really not in any hurry here where I HAVE to do something today. Someone has had to have seen this before with maybe an investor buys a house and finds something on the deed.
Brittany Sim…, , Columbus, OH
Thu Jan 22, 2009
Unfortunately, since it is your home, you will need to satisfy the lien in order to finalize your refinance. You can always bring suit and put off your refinance, but it sounds as though he would never pay it anyhow.

If the title company's attorney is willing to negotiate for you, why not let them? They may settle for substantially less than what you originally owed.