Question removed

Asked by Scott Quick, Portland, OR Fri Sep 28, 2012

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

2
Marvin Von R…, Agent, Tigard, OR
Fri Sep 28, 2012
Scott I was both a real estate and mortgage broker for 30 years before closing the mortgage end in 2009. Consider that most mortgage people, unless they are telemarketers just taking orders from advertising or in-house Wells, Bof A type agents, dont see the clients first. The real estate agent usually does. You have more opportunity to send someone to the loan agent than the other way around. Its not often that a client walks into a lender, prequals then asks where to find a real estate broker. The rules have changed so much that being out since 2009 makes me feel like a mortgage virgin but I think loan agents are now limited to 1%. Someone correct me if thats wrong. 1% of your 4 to 5 mil is a nice chunk of change. Modest? Define modest. That amount would keep some agents in groceries and a house but just be bonus money to a few others. From what I hear in the street, loan agents are generally having a bad time. Lenders are scared and coming up with reasons to turn loans down. Im sure that any loan agent would drool over yourreferral but I doubt they would be able to send an equal amount back to you. Thats in GENERAL, of course.
Tracey Hicks, Agent, Portland, OR
Fri Sep 28, 2012
YES! btw-Love the "back of the napkin" term;) Obviously it's hard for them to pick just one realtor to send clients to, but mine does sometimes. I think the best way they can help is with marketing products, so I try to take em up on those kinds of things, the good ones that is....it's all they can really do!