relocating to Charlotte. Looking to purchase first home with little to no down payment. should I be looking for a "buyer agent" whats the?

Asked by Kmcmahan383%40yahoo.com, Sat Dec 22, 2012

difference I have been in touch with an agent thats been really helpful but I was advised not to speak with only one person and check my options.

Answers

10
Lexie Longst…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sat Dec 22, 2012
If you have been happy with the agent you are working with so far... give them a chance and stick with them. Every agent invest time and energy in their clients and they really deserve some loyalty. If she has been helpful with first time buyer / no money down programs... all the more reason to stick with her. As long as she is being proactive in finding what you want and being honest with you.... you are in good hands.
Good luck on your home search!
Erick Hunt, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Wed Feb 6, 2013
Kmcmahan,

I see this post was back in December but I wanted to offer my input as well. As someone said in an earlier reply, if you have not signed a Buyers Agency agreement with an agent then it would be wise to interview several agents to find out if they are knowledgable in providing what you are looking for. After you have decided to work with one and have signed an Exclusive Buyers Agency agreement with them then you are obligated to work with them.

Hopefully this helps and you find what it is you are looking for.

Daniel Fisher, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sun Dec 23, 2012
Good evening, KMcMahan:
The below link has a brochure about agency. Agents are required by law to provide this to you at the first substantial contact. If you have not gotten this, I'd be a little worried about other required disclosures. I'd look for a full time professional broker who covers the entire Charlotte area, who understands finance and who can quickly name five programs for first time buyers that have low down payment. Interview several and then pick one, get pre-approved and find a great home. If you appreciate an answer, please give thumbs up. For the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
John Siddons…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sat Dec 22, 2012
KMcMahan,

You should definitely pick one person that you trust and you feel is helpful and proactive to help you find a home. Having one person that you can call on anytime to see a home or get you specific information on a property is very convenient. I am a buyer's agent and would love to help you with your relocation here to Charlotte! Best part is, my services as a buyer's agent won't cost you anything extra in a transaction!

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you and maybe email me directly to let me know a bit more about your situation and what you're looking for.

John Siddons
John.Siddons@prucarolinas.com
704-458-1843
http://www.SearchCharlotte.com
Andy Matejka, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Greensboro, NC
Sat Dec 22, 2012
Do your potential Buyer's Agent a favor and get pre-approved from a licensed loan officer beforehand.

You need to be certain that your means of paying back said mortgage loan is satisfactory before you spend lots of time and money shopping for that home.
dave, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sat Dec 22, 2012
Kmcmahan,

There are definitely options available to you out there. I deal a lot with buyers from outside the area and I specialize in first time home buying and no down payment programs.

My advice, which I beleive you have been doing, is to talk to different agents until you find one you are comfortable with and knows the different programs availalble to help you with no down payment programs or low down payment.

Whether the person is a "buyer's agent' is basically a term. Most Real estate agents work with both buyers and sellers. It is just a matter fo finding an agent that you feel is working in your best interest and is a good fit for you.

feel free to give me a call or e-mail me back as I know of many programs that I can help you out with; that offer the programs of no down payment or little down payment programs.

Dave diCecco'
Realtor/Broker
Coldwell Banker United
http://www.davedicecco.com
Debbie and S…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sat Dec 22, 2012
I would definitely recommend finding an agent with an ABR designation (Accredited Buyers Representative) that can help you with purchasing your first home. There are several good options for you.

I would love to assist you in your Charlotte move - we have been in the business of helping buyers purchase their first home for over 20+ years. Feel free to visit our website - http://www.PropertiesinCharlotte.com.

Debbie Arriero
ABR, AHWD, ASP, CRS, e-PRO, GRI, SFR, SRES, REALTOR
Serving the Charlotte area since 1990
Licensed in North & South Carolina
2009 Charlotte Magazine 5 Star Customer Satisfaction Award Winner

Arriero Realty, Inc.
P.O. Box 77283
Charlotte, NC 28271
Office: 704-443-8627
Frank Coxx, Agent, Indian Trail, NC
Sat Dec 22, 2012
I have access to all down payment asst programs...goverment,city and bank programs also....plus new home builder incentives programs.....email address ihaterent@carolina.rr.com
Jon Widdifie…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sat Dec 22, 2012
I would defiantly check your options. I would be more than happy to send you a charlotte relocation package that tells you all about the city. Just email me your mailing address and I will send it out to you. I would love to earn your business. My email address is charlottehomepro@gmail.com. I will also post a link below to a great search site. Give me a call if you have any questions. I have experience working with USDA a 100% program, house charlotte a down payment assistance program, and HUD 100 dollar down program. My number is 7047630059.
Web Reference:  http://Www.jonnyagent.com
Amy Baker, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sat Dec 22, 2012
I would definitely suggest talking to a few different agents before you hire one to be your buyer's agent. Be sure whoever you choose has in depth knowledge of programs that can help you with low downpayment and experience in the areas you are looking in. Also make sure their 'style' fit with you side you will be working together for a while and you want it to be a very positive experience.

Amy Baker
Allen Tate Realtors
704-258-1459
Amy.Baker@allentate.com
So if i had a buyer agent would that be someone that I pay to work with me or are they paid through commission of selling the home?
Flag Sat Dec 22, 2012