Financing in 49685>Question Details

doriswinslow, Home Buyer in Traverse City, MI

my mortage company will not reaffirm Is there anything I can do?

Asked by doriswinslow, Traverse City, MI Sat May 19, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 49685

Hi Doris, if you're filing chapter 7 bankruptcy and your mortgage holder will not let you reaffirm the note, then you have little recourse. Do you have a history of late payaments? However, so long as you continue to pay the mortgage, you should be allowed to remain in the home. However, I would get that in writing first, and you will nolonger have any ownership rights to the house. Sorry and good luck.
Hi Doris,

Dump them, It's your life and you need to be treated better, sometimes these guys can be BULLIES. I can give you three other mortgage companies that will be happy to service you. Doris contact me Monday and we can figure out what's going on. Let's get you into that home you want. 231-468-1880

Skip Small Keller Williams Greater Grand Traverse
HI Shelly, I responded as soon as I saw the question. Doris you are in good hands with Shelly. Traverse City has so many good agents out there and Shelly is a good one. Didn't mean to interrupt.
Flag Sun May 20, 2012
Speak to your bankruptcy attorney as soon as possible. I have had past clients that were up to date with their payments and THEY chose not to reaffirm on their home. They are still living in their home and making payments as if they never filed bankruptcy at all. You said you sent $11,000. How many payments are you behind? Who is your lender? I am not a lawyer but can help point you in the direction to get the answers you need. Call me today and I will help however I can. 231 590-9552
yes, I even sent a check for $11,000 they won't return.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 19, 2012
Do you mean you are filing bankruptcy and the mortgage company will not let you reaffirm your mortgage?