my fiance and my uncle as well as myself qualified for $315,000. our income combined is $90,000 with very good credit, why is our loan so low?

Asked by jduval0888, Downey, CA Sun May 19, 2013

Answers

11
Kevin and Ju…, Agent, Wildomar, CA
Tue Jun 24, 2014
There are so many factors that affect your ability to repay - On its surface, I'd guess that your Debt To Income ratio is high, but ask your lender. They will tell you
Alex Montelo…, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Tue Jun 24, 2014
Lenders are being more conservative these days. As stated below in other comments your debt to income ratio must be high. It is possible that someone can make $100,000 but have more than 50% of their income go to bills, credit cards, loans, etc. That will limit your buying power. If you need a higher loan approval, I would look at your credit cards, bills, etc and see which ones you can attack to either eliminate or lower. Then you can have the lender re assess your buying power.

You could always get a second opinion from another lender. Maybe the first lender missed something.

Alex Montelongo/Broker
Coldwell Banker Star Realty
562-810-7387 Cell
BRE Lic #01456982
Oscar "OG" G…, Agent, Irvine, CA
Mon Apr 21, 2014

Many factors come into play. Debt to income ratio (DTI), also whether your occupying the property or if its a investment property. It's best to touch base with multiple lenders. Good Luck!

Oscar Gonzales
WestCo Realty
562-244-2055
Benny Chavez, Agent, BELLFLOWER, CA
Mon Mar 10, 2014
Debt to income ratios, it's likely you may have higher debt so therefore the lender will only allow you that much. If you feel that your debt isn't that high a second opinion is advised. Some lenders have different overlays that could cause you to either qualify for more or less. Best of luck!
Web Reference:  http://bennychavez.com
Kawain Payne, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Mon Jun 17, 2013
Your income and credit score are important, but are not the only factors in determining your loan approval amount.

Lenders are being more on the conservative side these days.

Look at it this way, you will be getting a loan that you all can actually afford, if you go with the more conservative strict loan approval. By doing so you will minimized the chances of you ended up in foreclosure.

Much Success to YOU!!!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Prudential California Realty
, ,
Mon May 20, 2013
Sounds like your overall debt to income ratio is the limiting factor. Please keep in mind that there are a lot of different variables when it comes to calculating both income and liabilities. Since there are a lot of lenders or banks that may have their own guideline overlays, I suggest you have at least one more lender take a look at the file to see if they can pre-approve you for more loan.

Feel free to contact me to discuss further. I won't need to run a new credit if you provide a recent copy for all applicants.

Mike Pandazos
Loan Officer
Metro Lending
mike@metrolending.com
818-937-6622
Terry Farnsw…, Agent, Lisle, IL
Mon May 20, 2013
The likely answer is that your debt to income ratio is too high. Regardless of how much you make, if your total monthly debt exceeds a certain percentage of your total monthly income - you are going to be viewed as a bigger risk to a lender.
Deric Rangell, , Long Beach, CA
Mon May 20, 2013
Too much debt. Housing expense on non-occupying co-borrower is the reason.
Lena Samigou…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Sun May 19, 2013
Contact me directly at lenasrealtor@yahoo.com and I'll give you great lender referrals who can help you.
William Moore, , Los Angeles, CA
Sun May 19, 2013
That is a question only your lender can answer. I had clients who income totalled $82,000 and only qualified for $325,000. There could be numerous reasons why: you're debt to income ratio could be too high or you just dont have the fico scores to qualify for a higher loan amount.
My advise would be to either ask your realtor, lender, or try to get qualified somewhere else because lenders qualifications are all different. Good luck.
Susan Chang, Agent, Downey, CA
Sun May 19, 2013
There are many other factors. You need to speak with the lender since each lender has different criteria. If you shop for lenders, you will find that some lenders will loan you slightly more than another or give you better terms, such as lower interest.

Best to call that lender instead of trying to second guess the reason for the loan amount.

Hope this if helpful.