if a houses asking price is 335,000 but sold for 180,000 can the property taxes change

Asked by clearx34, Philadelphia, PA Fri May 10, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Ronald Sheedy, Agent, Clark, NJ
Sat May 11, 2013
It really depends on the assessed value of the property. I would call the Tax Assessor's office of the municipality where the home is located and inquire about the assessed value to the home in question and the assessed value of similar homes in the area. If the assessed value is higher than the surrounding properties, you can request a tax reduction from the Tax Assessor, however you may need to file a tax appeal with the County Tax Board. Tax Appeals in New Jersey must be filed with the County Tax Board prior to April 1st.

I hope this helps.

Ron Sheedy
(732) 239-7452
0 votes
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Fri May 10, 2013
Where is the house? What are the taxes on that house? What are the taxes on similar houses in similar condition in that area? These are considerations.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more