i need to put my wife on my mortgage account do I need to remorgage for this? Or is their any other way of doing this?

Asked by Thomas Olner, Birmingham, AL Thu Oct 8, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


, ,
Fri Oct 9, 2009
send a letter to the lender giving permission for your wife to access the account. If you want to get credit for the loan, add her to the checking account where the mortgage payment is being made and she can show proof of making the payments on time. it doesn't necessarily have to be on the credit report, afterall there are mortgage companies who don't report to the credit bureaus.
0 votes
Larry Tew, , Houston, TX
Fri Oct 9, 2009
Tom is right. Not really sure why you would want to do that. You are just tying up her credit. If you are trying to establish credit for her there are other ways to do it that is less costly.
0 votes
, ,
Thu Oct 8, 2009
I have seen this asked many times.
No way to add her. You would need a refinance.
You can add her to the deed, is that not good enough?
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Financing in Popular Arlington Neighborhoods

Email me when…

Learn more