i'm a single mom and i would like to buy a house. is there any goverment bonds for first time home owners. if u were me how would u go about

Asked by Soniashaw69, El Paso, TX Fri Oct 14, 2011


Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Cynthia Morr…, Agent, El Paso, TX
Fri Oct 14, 2011
Howdy Ms Sonia and Happy Friday
Almost everyone can get into a home, still today. And you can too!!! So many different mortgage programs to choose from and as your begin your process find a REALTOR that is patient to answer many many questions and will walk you through everything. The first and foremost question I like to start with is what is your monthly payment comfort range. You might qualify for a million dollars but those payments would be mighty high. Not a perfect credit score, no problem lets fix it with a program like CreditFix for $7.99. After that you should have fun and the first home is so special and you should enjoy every single second of the progress. Good luck to you and God Bless
Web Reference:  http://www.EPHomeSearch.com
1 vote
Patricia Ruiz, Agent, El Paso TX, TX
Fri Oct 14, 2011
Hello Sonia,
Right now they have a Texas Bond program that is available based on your income. There are also other programs out there that offer 100% financing. View my profile and send me an email if you would like more information.
Thank you,
Patricia Dena
1 vote
Guy Ghanem, , Las Vegas, NV
Fri Oct 14, 2011
The gov't does offer grants to buy homes. I just closed on a listing where the buyer used a grant to purchase. They are limited to a certain number on an annual basis and have a deadline by when you must apply. To find out more info, visit http://www.grants.gov

I would also strongly suggest contacting a lender in your area as they would know all about these programs in detail and can guide you on how to get started.

Best of luck.
1 vote
Lorena Mejor…, Agent, El Paso, TX
Fri Jan 3, 2014
Yes, there is still bond money available for first time home buyers. Will be glad to forward lender information. Lorena@MejoradoRealty.com
0 votes
Daniel Gomez, Agent, El Paso, TX
Fri Oct 14, 2011
Hello Sonia:

There are a few programs that are 100% financing or others that are used in combination with a DPA (down Payment Assistance) program which are often provided by the city or the state. The first step is to have your credit checked along with your income due to the fact that those programs are ruled by those factors. If you need assistance please contact me and I will be more than happy to guide you through the process. Good luck!!!

Daniel Gomez
Bustamante Real Estate
0 votes
Jaime Candel…, Agent, El Paso, TX
Fri Oct 14, 2011
Bank of america had something to help with down payments for first time buyers. you should shop a couple lenders to see what you can get. Try b of a first then ask for a copy of your credit report and try rmmc and maybe first community mortgage:-)
Web Reference:  http://dmcrealestate.com
0 votes
Abu Musa, Agent, New York, NY
Fri Oct 14, 2011
You may try for that but they have certain guide line for grant.The website is http://www.grants.gov Good luck
0 votes
Dp2, , Virginia
Fri Oct 14, 2011
I don't know about any government bonds, but you might want to consider buying with creative financing.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more