i am currently a little over 3 months behind on my mortgage payment, and bank is demanding payment in full.

Asked by Michael Laponte, 11784 Mon Aug 11, 2008

what can i do to make them accept monthly payments again, as i currently have a monthly payment ready to send them ?

Answers

8
The Hagley G…, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Sun Dec 7, 2008
Who is your lender? Have you received a notice od default? Has an auction notice been posted on your property? Your lender SHOULD be willing to accept payments.....no lender want s another foreclosure in this market!
Denise R. La…, Other Pro, Wantagh, NY
Sun Nov 9, 2008
You should consult with an attorney who is experienced in negotiating loan modifications. You may also seek out Project Hope which may assist you. denise@langweberlaw.com
Web Reference:  http://www.langweberlaw.com
Phil Svendsen, , Huntington, NY
Mon Aug 11, 2008
Suggest that you contact your attorney immediately as well as the bank that holds your mortagage. Ask your attorneys advice in regard to strategy in speaking with your bank contact. In many cases banks will try to work out matters with their mortgage customers. In general, banks are not interested in having a ton of foreclosures on their doorstep. Try the best you can to work things out with them and don't give up trying to keep your house. Convince them you can and want to stay.
Barbara E. N…, Agent, Oceanside, NY
Mon Aug 11, 2008
Hi Michael
Communicate with your mortgage lender at once. Discuss with them if you can set-up a partial mortgage payment plan. Because you are 3 months behind, it would be difficult for you to refinance since your credit score is drastically reduced.
If your mortgage payment is behind 120 days, the bank might elect to begin the foreclosure process by filing a noticed of default. From that time, you have only 3 months to bring your payment up to date, otherwise the lender will file for Noticed of Sale, which is the final step to foreclosure.
Call your lender today and discuss with them all the possibility to bring your account up to date.
Good Luck.
Barbara
Lionel, Home Buyer, Kansas City, MO
Tue Nov 23, 2010
It doesn't matter if they won't except your payment they want you to come in and sit down to discuss your plan or intentions to pay if you can. If you think you can catch back up then take your monies up there in person after discussing your plan and they will HOLD your monies in the form of a cashiers check with both your mortgage companys name and your name also just in case you don't get cuaght back up and you get forclosed on you can get your money back.
Phil Svendsen, , Huntington, NY
Tue Dec 9, 2008
You must contact an attorney immediately. At this point you may have options for example: loan modification, deed in lieu , short sale ...etc but look out for yourself and contact a lawyer immediately. If you live in a 'mortgage' state like NY you have more time than if you live in a trust deed state but be careful.
Franklin Bla…, Agent, New York, NY
Tue Aug 12, 2008
Michael,
You are not alone with this very serious problem. There are specific remedies available to you to get you back on track with your bank with a mortgage payment you can afford. Please contact me asap, no sales pitch. I will be happy to share the information with you. I am actively engaged with several clients that I am presently helping.
I have 1 mortgage payment that I could payon the 30th of this month, before my account hits 3 months late on the 1st, but I am scared that the mortgage compnay will not take my payment
Flag Tue Dec 22, 2015
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Mon Aug 11, 2008
I agree with Barbara

Bank does not want a foreclosure if you are not receiving a postive response go to local branch discuss with them or another customer service rep. I also recommend contacting Presidents office lender amazing you might receive response from their office.
http://www.lynn911.com http://www.homes-for-sale-dallas.com
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com